Dish having transmission issues?

Rain stopped again. It's in effect for another 1 1/2 hours. Don't worry if you see it come in and out. That's how Az rains work

I've lost TBS, and several other channels on my 722 and my 211k.
Sometimes it's an uplink problem, but this time of the year means signal loss due to the equinox changes where the sun is directly behind the satellites as it crosses the sky. It only last a few minutes on each satellite. When the dish, sun and satellite are in direct alignment, the sun's radiation overpowers the satellite and blanks out the signal. Happens twice a year, in spring and in the fall. Since some of your signals returned, I suspicion that could be the case. The fall equinox started on Sept. 22 and can affect your dish for several days until it moves out of the same path as the satellites. Digital signals are affected quicker than analog.

Sometimes it's an uplink problem, but this time of the year means signal loss due to the equinox changes where the sun is directly behind the satellites as it crosses the sky. It only last a few minutes on each satellite. When the dish, sun and satellite are in direct alignment, the sun's radiation overpowers the satellite and blanks out the signal. Happens twice a year, in spring and in the fall. Since some of your signals returned, I suspicion that could be the case. The fall equinox started on Sept. 22 and can affect your dish for several days until it moves out of the same path as the satellites. Digital signals are affected quicker than analog.
I hear ya, but the sun was too low in the sky to be fade, on the EA here in NC, so I knew something else was going on.

Reactions: TheKrell
I can't wait for the "this is happening just too much lately, Dish what is your problem?".

Mother Nature!

Reactions: ChadT41
Ah crap! Watching the buckeyes... I ran outside with my meter and had a super low signal on 61.5 so I swapped the lnb..... Signal went up a bit but still getting complete signal loss... Damn, i was about to run a new cable from my dish to hopper.... Good thing I checked here first.. Man this site is awesome

I wonder if green laser uplinks would be as affected. Might be in our future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)