Dish HD ... as applied to NHL games

Does anyone know what channel the Versus/OLN HD games are on Dish Network? I know the HD PPV channel is showing 1 game per night in HD, but the games on Versus/OLN HD are nowhere to be found. Does anyone know if they are showing these games in HD on Dish Network? Thanks.

I don't really want a Dish 1000 either. I have an install set up for one (free when you get the 622) but I moved it from tomorrow to next Saturday so i can wait one more week to see what Dish is doing exactly.

If I have to go through with the Dish 1000 install my concerns are:

1) Will the installer leave up the 61.5 Dish and just take one Dish 500 (110/119) in exchange for the Dish 1000?

2) Is there any problem with one receiver (the 622) getting both signals from 61.5 and 129?

3) Is there any extra equipment they would need to use a Dish 500 and a Dish 1000 together over the current setup I have (2 Dish 500s) that would not be included in the Dish 1000 install?

My setup is pretty good as is and I don't want to screw with it. But since I qualify for a free Dish 1000, if they do split the RSNs then I want to get all the content if possible.

sonnyboy11 said:
I moved it from tomorrow to next Saturday so i can wait one more week to see what Dish is doing exactly. .
Wow! You are very optomistic...I would be very surprised if the RSN HD and CI HD issues have changed by then.

You may be able to work it out with your installer to keep the 61.5 dish. I originally had Dish install a dish 500 for 61.5 rather than a have a dish 1000 installed for 129. When I found I couldn't get the HD locals, I had them come back and repoint the 61.5 dish to 129. If you have a Dish 1000 to get 129, expect your signal strength to be weak -- probably 15-20 points less than with a dedicated dish for 129.

You can receive from both the 61.5 and 129, although it is difficult to control the source of duplicated channels -- usually the 129 wins out. However, since the CI HD channels are all supposed to be different (4 on 129 and 3 on 61.5), this shouldn't be a problem...

I read over on another forum that these channels might be activated for tonight. Does anyone know if this is true?

Versus HD?

Sorry to keep bothering...but has there been any update on if/when Versus HD NHL games will be shown on Dish Network? And if so, what channel it will be. Thanks.

Heh, I have no idea about any of this talk, I hate being a noob!!!

Are you guys saying we are not getting all channels because we only have one Dish? What is that all about?

The multiple dishes would be required if the current setup which is being tested becomes a reality. But the testing is going somewhat slower than a Snail moves.

Currently, you might see some game in the EPG at the channel 9466-9467 area. There can only be one game at a time on this group. They would only be for NHL Center Ice or NBA League Pass or MLB Extra Innings.

Ocassionally, there is a Mavericks game on 9465. This game is being provided to Viewers of HDNET in the Dallas area only. It does timeshare space with the other game(s) on 9466 and 9467. These channel(s) are on 110w.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)