Dish HD channels on 722 are skipping, but not SD???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ssmaniac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
Starting today, any program I try to watch on my Sony CRT from a 722 that is on an HD channel, or that was recorded on DVR on an HD channel, is skipping. The picture continually freezes and jumps, but the audio is constant. If you change channels to the non-HD equivalent, it is fine. What is also strange, if you have on an HD channel that is skipping, but press the program guide (which continues to play the program in the smaller window, the program plays normally). DVR programs that were recorded in HD months ago, and that have played many times without problem, now are skipping when I watch them on the HD tv.

When I watch those same programs on TV2 (obviously in SD), I don't have the problem. I fear this is a tv issue. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

There's another thread on this issue here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/188420-choppy-video.html

Like Bobby said, reboot the receiver and it's all back to normal for a few days. At least for me, rebooting the receiver works for 2-3 days. Yesterday I changed the HD resolution from 1080i to 720p and that also fixed the problem without rebooting the receiver. The 622 receivers do not have this problem.

I have this problem, or worse, with my 722 and an 3-year-old LCD. In my case, it's a problem with the HDMI handshake between the 722 and my TV. I can fix the problem by either disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable, or simply turning the TV off and turning it back on, with the 722 still running. YMMV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts