Dish HD Demo channel different?

richmert said:
i have a 61.5 dish and the HD pack but i dont see the demo channel at 9443. what can i do?

Make sure you are in the right guide. ALL CHAN.

Pay Sub:
9622 Business TV
9641 Business TV

Included in AT60 or above:

9443 HDTV Demo
9418 PAEC
9416 Good Sam Network
9406 ARTS
9405 Pentagon Channel
580 International Promo channel

Do you get any of the above? They are exclusive to 61.5 or 148

well they installed a 61.5 dish and told me i needed it for all my locals and future HD but I will have to do a check switch when i get home tonight to make sure it is actually working. thanks

Mark_AR said:
Make sure you are in the right guide. ALL CHAN.

Pay Sub:
9622 Business TV
9641 Business TV

Included in AT60 or above:

9443 HDTV Demo
9418 PAEC
9416 Good Sam Network
9406 ARTS
9405 Pentagon Channel
580 International Promo channel

Do you get any of the above? They are exclusive to 61.5 or 148

Thans Mark those are very helpful tips. I did a check switch and noticed when it did its aquiring signal thing it did go through 148. I get everyting on your list except 9443. the 9622 and 9641 are in red i guess because I am not a BTV sub.
do i have to call dish about this? is it worth waiting on hold for the demo channel?

(sorry but i had to edit this to say 148 not 61.5 after that last check switch. Is that a problem?)

richmert said:
Thans Mark those are very helpful tips. I did a check switch and noticed when it did its aquiring signal thing it did go through 148. I get everyting on your list except 9443. the 9622 and 9641 are in red i guess because I am not a BTV sub.
do i have to call dish about this? is it worth waiting on hold for the demo channel?

(sorry but i had to edit this to say 148 not 61.5 after that last check switch. Is that a problem?)

Demo channel is only on 61.5.

Check below for a list of channels: Scroll nearly to the bottom and look for *148 sat channels* (burnt orange color band) in the 9400's.

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

thanks mark. thats it. duuuhhh i look out the window and i see the smaller dish is pointed west of the 500 and i was thinking i was on 61.5 duh. i actually did the initial install myself with the window open and the sound up so i could here the signal tone and found 119 after quite a bit of trying but the upgrades were done by installers.
thanks again.
hey does this mean i should get another discount on my HD package beacuse i dont get one of the channels?

ohhh, so the dish is 148 and not 61.5, do'h! ;) Well no the demo isn't part of the package, so no discount...

The Demo channel is mostly selling the idea of HD with the 6000 receiver. The last time I paid any antenntion to it. The loop is very old and the channle has nothing compelling any way. Hmm compelling HD..seems I've heard that before :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts