Dish HD equiptment question.

odiakan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
I signed up with Dish Networks Raleigh NC HD locals a few months ago. When the installer came out he didn't have clue about the HD locals or the Voom pacakage I signed up for. To make a long story short I currently have a Super Dish, VIP211, DVR625 & 510 (I think thats the model #) and a Dish 500 dish. In the request for the HD locals and Voom I was under the impression the installer was to put up a Dish 1000+ and not a 500 but he did whatever he wanted to and now it doesn't work. This would normally not be a problem but since I "moved" to get HD locals since they aren't offered in my area (probably will never be with my luck) I cannot have Dish come out and fix everything to make it work. I cannot seem to find any installers in my area willing to handle this situation so I need to know what I need to purchase to fix it myself, unless you guys know any installers near the 28352 zip code of NC that might be able to help. Thank you in advance for any info you can help me with.

I signed up with Dish Networks Raleigh NC HD locals a few months ago. When the installer came out he didn't have clue about the HD locals or the Voom pacakage I signed up for. To make a long story short I currently have a Super Dish, VIP211, DVR625 & 510 (I think thats the model #) and a Dish 500 dish. In the request for the HD locals and Voom I was under the impression the installer was to put up a Dish 1000+ and not a 500 but he did whatever he wanted to and now it doesn't work. This would normally not be a problem but since I "moved" to get HD locals since they aren't offered in my area (probably will never be with my luck) I cannot have Dish come out and fix everything to make it work. I cannot seem to find any installers in my area willing to handle this situation so I need to know what I need to purchase to fix it myself, unless you guys know any installers near the 28352 zip code of NC that might be able to help. Thank you in advance for any info you can help me with.
What sats do you have and HD locals do not come of a dish they come off a high powerd off air intena and you have to be within range of the broadcasting network

Right, I live in Wichita and OTA is the only way to get HD locals. At some point Dish should include them.

FSS3Cert.CorpTECH's original comment about "HD locals do not come off a dish" sounded pretty global to me. I realize OTA is the only way to get them in many areas as that's how I get mine.

Thanks for the replies. I have tried "moving" back and having Dish fix it but they refuse to because HD locals are not in my area yet, but I just thought about the fact I haven't argued about Voom. Are they all on the same sat? The zip code for the area is 2835.

If I were moving, I would NOT select a location that requires a screwy lnb like the 1000+. Move somewhere that is receivable conus off 61.5 or 129, maybe 110 if there are any there.

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to do a little more research and if all else fails I will go with Oljim's idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts