Dish HD how are you watching the Superbowl today?

Dish HD subs, how are you watching the Superbowl today?

• In HD on special Dish ABC HD feed

Votes: 29 12.4%
  • In HD from Dish HD Locals

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • In HD from OTA using Dish receiver

Votes: 121 51.7%
  • In HD from non Dish source (cable, "D", local bar,etc)

Votes: 33 14.1%
  • In SD from Dish analog distants

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • In SD from Dish analog locals

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Not watching Superbowl

Votes: 22 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
Since the special HD feed for the SB is apparently MPEG2 receivable, I think it would be useful to try to get a correlation of Dish HD subs that are watching the Superbowl and how they're getting it.

1. Watching in HD on the special Dish feed
2. Watching in HD from Dish HD Locals channel
3. Watching in HD from OTA signal using Dish receiver
4. Watching in HD from non-Dish source (cable, "D", local bar, friend, etc)
5. Watching in SD from Dish analog distants
6. Watching in SD from Dish analog locals.
7. Not watching Superbowl at all.

WLS-DT via Comcast and 250, for comparison purposes. So far, KABC looks softer on a 5 year old 55" RPTV. Can't compare to OTA because my 8VSB is currently fried.

What's superbowl???? :D

waltinvt said:
Since the special HD feed for the SB is apparently MPEG2 receivable, I think it would be useful to try to get a correlation of Dish HD subs that are watching the Superbowl and how they're getting it.

1. Watching in HD on the special Dish feed
2. Watching in HD from Dish HD Locals channel
3. Watching in HD from OTA signal using Dish receiver
4. Watching in HD from non-Dish source (cable, "D", local bar, friend, etc)
5. Watching in SD from Dish analog distants
6. Watching in SD from Dish analog locals.
7. Not watching Superbowl at all.

well I'm at my brothers who's getting ABC-HD from cable, otherwise I'd be using OTA

I voted OTA using DISH receiver,but,it seems the Nashville ABC affiliate is either having transmission tower problems or someone at the station kinda forgot to flip the switch.Anyone in the mid TN area having similar problems with this issue?I am using a 921.It is picking up the NBC and FOX affiliates with good signals.ABC signal is hosed.:mad:

riffjim4069 said:
9.52% not watching the Super Bowl? That's not possible...even if you don't like football you're still going to tune-in to check out the spectacle.

Don't forget foreign born nationals, they probably care as much about the Superbowl as many of us do about World Cup. I have never watched a soccer game on TV nor do I ever plan to.

NightRyder

Last edited:
The good news is my latest chat with a CSR. sweet Mary from Bangladesh, revealed that once (if) I make the MPEG4 jump and since I get networks east and west I will be able to get LA HD on 129.

Watching OTA BUT the ABC feed in Phily is S&%$$*. Lots of pixalation jerky pictures. At least lat year wen the TURKEYS I mean Eagles were on Fox the game was great. The comercials aren't suffering the same problem maybe too much snow in Detroit. BTW Steelers 7 Seahawks 3 !!!!!!!!

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

epsilon said:
WLS-DT via Comcast and 250, for comparison purposes. So far, KABC looks softer on a 5 year old 55" RPTV. Can't compare to OTA because my 8VSB is currently fried.

Im watching WLS-DT via OTA and Dish channel 250... WLS is alot better than 250 from what I can see ;) but they both look good :)

I am watching in HD via OTA and my TV's tuner. I was having audio sync problems with the 211 so I hooked the OTA straight to my Sony TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)