Dish HD install at 9:45PM?!

cognitive77

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
So my parents finally jumped into the HDTV market. The currently subscribe to a provider that has 7 HD channels. Me being a DishHD customer, recommended DishHD to them.

Long story short, cable installer doesn't show. My mom finally calls in and they say he's running behind and will be there at 9:45PM! She has to get up early and go to work and tells the lady that not only will that not work, but that she would be concerned for his safety should he have to install on the roof of the house.

So the lady on the phone tells her that the next time he could come out would be the 20th! Mom says nope, that's not gonna happen, already have the TV setup in the living room, etc. So now he's "scheduled" to arrive between 8am and Noon on Sunday.

I've never had issues before with Dish like this, but jeez, what a way to start off treating your customers right and valuing their time.

My Dish installer showed up to add a receiver, should have taken him 5 minutes, at 3pm, decided he did not like the way the current 1000 was mounted, so he redid all the outside stuff, it looked the same as the 1 year old install that he replaced, had trouble getting 1000 lined up, so had to call in help, they left at 10pm. And what a mess they left ! Now I have 40 percent signal instead of the 70 percent on the other dish. When it warms up, I am going to fix it and re-peak it all.

Hopefully he'll actually show up Sunday. I went through a nightmare last Summer when I upgraded. No shows/no calls, finally a bad install and more missed appointments to rectify the problems. It was unbelievable. I sincerely wish your folks luck.

Ed

Dont blame the installer in this instance blame dish because they over route the techs by 1 - 4 jobs each day. Its not uncommon for the last two years for techs to show up for an install or upgrade as late as 11pm and there were times where I was putting in 18 - 21 hour work days due to truely horrible routing.

Its not uncommon for the last two years for techs to show up for an install or upgrade as late as 11pm...

Anybody who shows up at my house at 11PM is quite likely to get shot.

So my parents finally jumped into the HDTV market. The currently subscribe to a provider that has 7 HD channels. Me being a DishHD customer, recommended DishHD to them.

Long story short, cable installer doesn't show. My mom finally calls in and they say he's running behind and will be there at 9:45PM! She has to get up early and go to work and tells the lady that not only will that not work, but that she would be concerned for his safety should he have to install on the roof of the house.

So the lady on the phone tells her that the next time he could come out would be the 20th! Mom says nope, that's not gonna happen, already have the TV setup in the living room, etc. So now he's "scheduled" to arrive between 8am and Noon on Sunday.

I've never had issues before with Dish like this, but jeez, what a way to start off treating your customers right and valuing their time.

That was really great that your mother stood up and said this. Too many times I've had instances where the customer had the "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" attitude. 10PM...? Feh...no problem. Just as long as that installer gets my system working.

Not that I doubt the installer will show up on Sunday, but just for peace of mind I would advise her to call and verify the appointment the day before; just in case of ANY scheduling snafus.

Any time i have had dish come out i would just take a day where they can give me a 8-12 only i dont want to be in a position where they are suppose to be there by 5pm and not show till couple hours later. I know i have a installer coming tomorrow between 8-12 to upgrade my to HD programming right now i have a dish 500 getting the 1000 and a 622 i hope he just shows up before 12 and it dont take hours to do.my luck he will show up at 5

Every install I've ever had I set up for a Saturday. I don't care if I have to wait around all day, I'll be there anyway. And normally it's been saturday of the week I call.

Well, just an update. Spoke with my mother today, installer was a no show. She called Dish and they said they could get someone out there on the 22nd and that they didn't have them on the list to be installed today.

She's about ready to cancel the order. Way to go Dish.

Absolutely, call a local retailer. Get out the phone book and go under the heading of Satellite and you should find a few good people. If you want to get someone you are pretty certain knows their stuff, look for a retailer that also does c-band. Good retailers can also get out there the next day. Heck, I just did a 20 minute call-to-onsite turnaround for a customer today. How's that for customer service?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)