Dish HD Installation - Need confirmation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

snowburt80

Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
I've currently got a Dish 500 setup with a Dish DVR 501 (single-tuner). I will be moving soon and want to add HD Dish with a dual-tuner HD DVR. I am in the Salt Lake City area in Utah and I was told I would be getting a Dish 1000 satellite setup. Is this correct?

Next I was told I could just hook one line into port 1 on the DPP LNB (will it come with a DPP LNB??), have that line feed into the SAT side of a diplexer, and have the cable line feed into the ANT/Cable side of the diplexer. Then I could hook that into the one line going into the apartment. Then I use the diplexer inside the home to split the satellite and cable lines. Then the satellite lines will go into the separator and then into the HD DVR. That way I could get cable and 2 satellite feeds in one line.

Is all this correct? And does the dual-tuner DVR come with a separator? I just need some confirmation before I pull the trigger on this.

A-OK as described. Yes you can use a diplexer to combine and then decombine the cable and sat feeds. The separator does not come with the receiver. The installer/tech installs it or you can purchase from the Dish Store or other supplier if doing a self-install.

A-OK as described. Yes you can use a diplexer to combine and then decombine the cable and sat feeds. The separator does not come with the receiver. The installer/tech installs it or you can purchase from the Dish Store or other supplier if doing a self-install.

correct. if you can't get one from the installer don't worry the diplexers are cheap

Call CSC do a dish movers and they will set you yup, unless you dont have LOS you should get a Dish 1000.2 if you are upgrading to HD. for the 129 Sat, Let the Installer worry about the cabling and tech details. They are supposed to set up OTA if it is on site

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)