Dish HD Question - Adding 2nd Dish

ScottBA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
Right now, I have a Dish 500 system with a 6000u & 508. I currently subscribe to HBO, but do not get HBO-HD because I do not have a second dish pointed to the 61.5 orbital location.

I thought this was going to be solved for cheap with SuperDish. I figured I'd go for the commitment and get it free.

Well, with the recent announcement that HD will stay at 110 and no real concrete plans for HBO/SHO-HD to move to 110, I've been kicking around the idea of getting that second dish.

My question: What are the costs with this upgrade? Obviously a dish...but will I need a new switch or anything? Is this something that can be installed easily, or will I have to pay for an install? Any idea of prices?

I'm just trying to figure if it's worth the cost or not...

ScottBA, if you sub to locals and one or more of your locals is on 61.5, E* will install your second dish at no cost under the FCC's 'must-carry' rules. If the preceding is not the case, then call around to a few local dealers to get an idea of hardware & installation costs and what switches may be involved. If your are handy, you can do it yourself. Check with Claude Griener at the DishStore for advice and ordering.

Also, take a look at the dish/switch/wiring diagrams on the DishNetwork web site

Nick said:
ScottBA, if you sub to locals and one or more of your locals is on 61.5, E* will install your second dish at no cost under the FCC's 'must-carry' rules. If the preceding is not the case, then call around to a few local dealers to get an idea of hardware & installation costs and what switches may be involved. If your are handy, you can do it yourself. Also, check with Claude Griener at the DishStore for advice and ordering.

I'm just curious, would a single LNB DirecTV dish work with 61.5, because I know that it works with 110. If we switch to Dish, I wouldn't need the dish we have now, and I got another single LNB dish in storage too! Just curious as it would save me some money if I needed to pick up the channels there! :)

~Alan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)