dish hd question

spd19

Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
Caribbean
hello guys, i have a question, when i choose an hd package do i need to tell dish network which of the satellites i can get or both will work without notification? , because i cannot get 129, only 61.5

Both satellites generally show the same channels, minus a few special interest channels and the regional sports channels. You should be fine.

thank you guys or the help and fast replies :) ..
i have another question if i live outside new york but want the local channel from new york(abc,fox,cbs) can i get them ?

thank you guys or the help and fast replies :) ..
i have another question if i live outside new york but want the local channel from new york(abc,fox,cbs) can i get them ?

If you are in the Carib, you would not be within the NY local spotbeam on 61.5. They are also currently on 129 CONUS but you won't be able to see that sat and those will go to a spotbeam shortly. Your best chance for U.S. locals is if E* leaves one DMA on a CONUS beam. Then you could maybe "move" there.

If you are in the Carib, you would not be within the NY local spotbeam on 61.5. They are also currently on 129 CONUS but you won't be able to see that sat and those will go to a spotbeam shortly. Your best chance for U.S. locals is if E* leaves one DMA on a CONUS beam. Then you could maybe "move" there.

Good point - I missed his location!

thanks again guys, when i subscribe to dish , do they come to install it ? because I'm thinking to use an service address so i would like to receive the receivers only?
and i have an American credit card but with an foreign billing address do they accept it ?

by the way I'm using an 240 cm antenna and receiving all transponders.

thanks again guys, when i subscribe to dish , do they come to install it ? because I'm thinking to use an service address so i would like to receive the receivers only?
and i have an American credit card but with an foreign billing address do they accept it ?

by the way I'm using an 240 cm antenna and receiving all transponders.

Normally E* insists on doing an HD install. I have no idea how it works outside CONUS. I guess it depends where you are. Is there a local E* retailer where you live? Otherwise I'd guess you may end up having to buy the receiver. You'd have to play CSR roulette and tell them you already have all the equipment installed and just need service started. Don't know about the credit card but there are other from your neck of the wood about so maybe they can help you.