Dish HD vs Disney (DISH sort of won...)

We will know the discussions are going good when the HD channels are back in the lineup. Until then we won't know both companies keep very tight lips when coming to terms on contracts. :)

Charlie is in a strong position. Dish will not lose to many customers over this because of the HD for life program. A lot of subscribers who have HD signed up for this promo. It will hurt them in the pocket book if they jump.

Disney on the other hand could lose ad revenues due to the fact that dish's subscribes will not be able to view Disney channels thus lower viewers lower ad rates.

Charlie is in a strong position. Dish will not lose to many customers over this because of the HD for life program. A lot of subscribers who have HD signed up for this promo. It will hurt them in the pocket book if they jump.

Disney on the other hand could lose ad revenues due to the fact that dish's subscribes will not be able to view Disney channels thus lower viewers lower ad rates.

OMG, I'm about to have a cardiac! You are actually defending Charlie!! Thought I'd never live to see the day...if I live.:D

What are the chances that they could move ESPNNews HD to the sports pack and then move the Disney channels and ABC Family HD to the Platinum pack? They could also bring ESPNU HD to the sports pack as well. Then Dish will go up on the sports pack price and Platinum HD price. Let the customers decide if they want it or not.

What are the chances that they could move ESPNNews HD to the sports pack and then move the Disney channels and ABC Family HD to the Platinum pack?
Wouldn't that completely defeat the purpose of "Free HD for life"? They would have to rename it "Free HD until we decide otherwise".

Wouldn't that completely defeat the purpose of "Free HD for life"? They would have to rename it "Free HD until we decide otherwise".

That would be true for all the carriers as they ALL have "dropped" channels in the past, and Comcast CEO Brian Roberts makes Charlie look like a wimp when it comes to dropping channels and playing hardball.

What are the chances that they could move ESPNNews HD to the sports pack and then move the Disney channels and ABC Family HD to the Platinum pack? They could also bring ESPNU HD to the sports pack as well. Then Dish will go up on the sports pack price and Platinum HD price. Let the customers decide if they want it or not.

I don't think it is possible to have Disney HD in the Platinum package and Disney SD in the regular lower tier AT120 where Disney wants it. I'm pretty sure they probably would have to remain coupled. ABC Fam has several younger skewing shows on it that are popular. Again I don't think Disney would allow it in Platinum either. The SD version is already contracted for AT120.

Looks like games are being played, just got work that Soapnet, ABC Family and Disney XD are moving in the lineup.

Soapnet is moving to channel 253
ABC Family is moving to channel 256
DISNEY XD is moving to channel 257

But some good news for folks with DISH America they should be (if they are not already) be receiving the SD versions of DISNEY XD and ESPNews.

I wonder if they are planning on relocating channel positions to create new channel "neighborhoods" or if they are doing this to segregate the Disney networks because Charlie may have in mind to pull them from the line up? Surely he wouldn't want to piss Disney off too bad and have them pull ESPN though.

Moving Disney XD

Um, that stinks, it's a kids programing network it fits well where it is. C'mon Charlie, have your fight and good on you, but don't move it up there.

My 7 year old can work the TV pretty well, but it makes it easier for all involved if we keep the channels together.

And before I get flamed he likes to get up in the morning and watch before working on his bridge book, and then spending the afternoon outside playing in the pool.

Looks like games are being played, just got work that Soapnet, ABC Family and Disney XD are moving in the lineup.

But some good news for folks with DISH America they should be (if they are not already) be receiving the SD versions of DISNEY XD and ESPNews.

I don't think I'm going to like what this probably heralds. Soapnet is already at 253.

Yes Soapnet is there,

ABC Family Moves this week and DISNEY XD moves next week.

I agree Disney XD should REMAIN with the rest of the kids channels.

I think this is an indication that things are not going as well as people have hoped. Taking with Directv this past week, D* is getting ready to launch a national advertising campaign against dish with these channels (IE if your a dish customer call directv to get disney in hd, ect) like how dish did with versus, and I am hearing that D* is getting some sweet primetime advertising spots from espn, and other abc channels. If dish and ABC were close to an agreement, I think we would have already seen the return of these channels. Its been almost a week, and not seeing them on right now speaks volumes. To say that people isn't tired, look up at the switching threads popping up in the D* forum and here.

If dish and ABC were close to an agreement, I think we would have already seen the return of these channels. Its been almost a week, and not seeing them on right now speaks volumes.
Bob, you've been around here long enough to know better than that!!! That's just wishful thinking on your part.

Don't know a thing

As with many of the threads you've started recently (Goaliebob) you have no clue what E* is doing. So give it a rest w/ your speculation. I don't know you don't only a very few insiders know for sure what is going on. And none of those people are saying anything especially to you or on the forums. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)