Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just FYI

Effective Wednesday, February 17, 2016, DISH has applied the copy protection settings HDCP and Hopper transfers copy limits to the below group of FOX channels. HDCP prevents the unauthorized copying of content by only allowing viewing on HDCP-enabled HDTV’s. These settings will be added to both the HD and SD versions of these FOX channels.

High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)

TV and HDMI cable must be HDCP compatible (TVs older than 2006 may be affected) ? HDMI and digital connection on "System Info - 2" will display "Yes"

Customers without HDCP compatible equipment will be unable to watch DRM-affected programming

“Attention 890” or “Attention 894” will display when attempting to view DRM-protected programming without a compatible TV and HDMI cable.

Here are a list of channels that had HDCP added last week.

Big 10 Network & Alt 10
Fox Sports 1
Fox Sports 2
Fox Soccer
FX
FXX
FXM
Fox Desportes
National Geographic
Nat Geo Wild
Nat Geo Mundo
Fox Sports AZ
Fox Sports Cin
Fox Sports Det
Fox Sports Fla
For Sports Mid West
Fox Sports N
Fox Sports OH
For Sports S
For Sports San Diego
Fox Sports SE
For Sports SW
For Sports W
Fox Sports Prime Ticket
Sports Time Ohio
Fox Sports Sun.

It shouldn't since the Premiums have had this level of security for quite some time and recordings from them can be moved with no issue.

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

Reactions: king3pj
Could this cause issues with trying to move a recording from one of these channels to an external hard drive?

It shouldn't. The premium networks like HBO have been using HDCP for years. As time goes on other networks are starting to ask for it. Fox just had a contract negotiation with Dish. One of the terms of that contract was clearly adding copy protection to content on the Fox owned Networks. Anything you can do with HBO right now you should be able to do with these channels.

There are other non-premium channels that use HDCP but I can't name them off the top of my head.

It shouldn't since the Premiums have had this level of security for quite some time and recordings from them can be moved with no issue.

It shouldn't. The premium networks like HBO have been using HDCP for years. As time goes on other networks are starting to ask for it. Fox just had a contract negotiation with Dish. One of the terms of that contract was clearly adding copy protection to content on the Fox owned Networks. Anything you can do with HBO right now you should be able to do with these channels.

There are other non-premium channels that use HDCP but I can't name them off the top of my head.

Thanks, have to figure out another reason why a Fox show and a couple of CBS shows wouldn't transfer to my EHD this weekend.

Thanks, have to figure out another reason why a Fox show and a couple of CBS shows wouldn't transfer to my EHD this weekend.
Were these shows recorded with PTAT on? If so you have to wait for 8 days or change the PTAT delete default to 2 days. Until then you can't transfer them.

If they were recorded with PTAT you have to wait until after 8 day save period is over.
I've got my PTAT set to keep 2 days. I flag all shows I want to actually watch from there as 'save series'. Keeps the clutter down in the PrimeTime area and allows for transfer to EHD sooner.

Reactions: KAB
Had the same thing on my Fox show that I had never watched and I tried to transfer it to my I pad and it said that the limit had been reached for this show.

I thought part of HDCP Compliance was down-rezzing the analog outputs to 480i when playing HDCP content. And I would assume that any HDTV sold in the last eight years has HDCP compliance.

I have had movies fail to transfer to EHD, at least for some number of days. Perhaps stuff recorded off HBO free views.

Thanks, I had a suspicion PTAT was involved so I turned it off a couple days ago. Need to transfer everything to the EHD before my replacement Hopper 3 arrives

I have had movies fail to transfer to EHD, at least for some number of days. Perhaps stuff recorded off HBO free views.
I recorded a bunch of movies off of Cinemax free preview last weekend and transferred to EHD with no problem (the next day)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)