Dish HDDVR Lifespan till next gen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I doubt E* will release a dual OTA tuner unit. I don't think they see it as a priority. In fact, after they have HD LiLs across the country, they may view OTA features as even less important (to them).

I second this. I would be surprised to see them incur the cost of a 2nd OTA tuner. I suspect several other features are a higher priority.

A majority of users think that the current software is more stable than the earlier software:

http://www.dbstalk.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=1775

Not that I want to "rekindle" this debate again with you Ken but I just got this PM from a Dish rep that monitors this list. Some of us are still having problems. Whether a majority or not is up for speculation but apparently enough are:

"Private Message: Re: Your 622 Reboot Problem
post_new.gif
Yesterday, 04:55 PM

Re: Your 622 Reboot Problem
Hi,
My name is *** and I work for Dish in Field Support Software Engineering Department. I have read your post and would like to get more info about the issues you are having. If it is OK with you, please provide me either your receiver number or the phone number on your Dish account.
Thanks,
***"

I relayed my 622 issues to him to which he responded:

"Screeching-Reboot is an known issue to us and we are working on debugging the issue. For this reason, we would like to send you a new receiver and ask you to send the existing one back to us for further analysis if you agree. There is no charge for it.

You can email me at **************
Thanks for your help and assistance in helping us to determine the cause of the issue.
****"

Not that I want to "rekindle" this debate again with you Ken but I just got this PM from a Dish rep that monitors this list. Some of us are still having problems.

Which is obviously true.

The statement I was replying to was his statement:

They just need to get it back to the stability level that it had before.

The poll numbers I linked to showed that the 622 - statistically - seems to be more stable than before.

( My guess -only a guess - is that only a minority of users use OTA.)

Hmm... that seems similar to our previous discussion... the concept that " it was a lot better for everyone in the past " - which comes from jumping to conclusions based on a few anecdotal incidents. (Any general feeling that it was better in the past usually comes from technology bringing a huge number of so-called "news" outlets that are 24/7 bad news.)

PS Yes, it's a lot easier for E* to debug problems if they have a receiver that is having the problem. They once asked me to send them my 501 that was having the "endless cycle of reboots" problem, which enabled them to fix that one.

PS Yes, it's a lot easier for E* to debug problems if they have a receiver that is having the problem. They once asked me to send them my 501 that was having the "endless cycle of reboots" problem, which enabled them to fix that one.

I probably was the the first one (on this board) to send a 622 back to engineering, now Walt might be #2. I hope that really helps.

As long as USB2.0 can record programming in real time, I don't think that its speed would be a deterrent to Dish network external archiving ambitions. You may think that taking 15+ minutes to transfer a HD movie from the 622 to an external Hard Dish is too long, but I don't suspect that would hold up their plans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)