Dish Home Protection Plan (DHPP)

Ryan78

Original poster
May 16, 2008
I am a brand new Dish subscriber. I ordered without signing a contract so that I could cancel at any time. I chose to not get the Dish Home Protection Plan but I am now reconsidering. What would keep a subscriber who is not in a contract from simply cancelling service and then re-ordering if a receiver broke? That seems cheaper than buying a new receiver or paying monthly for DHPP. Any thoughts about DHPP for someone not in a contract? What would Dish do for me if a receiver broke?

You don't need to pay for this monthly. A search on this board will show plenty of people who have been able to add it when they need it, place a service call, and then drop it immediately after. Some people have reported even being able to add this and scheduling the service call during the same phoone call.

Dude I Highly recommend it. I've used it for broken receivers. Can't count how many times I've used it for that. I have 4 boxes. Also had a wiring problem and they came out and rewired my house. For the price you can't beat it. Hope that helps. **Finally, CSNBA HD is live... HUUUUMMMMM BABY!** about time.

If you don't have it, you still only have to pay shipping for replacement receivers.
You don't have to pay for a whole new receiver or anything. I THINK the charge is $15 if you don't have DHPP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)