Dish Home Protection Plan (DHPP)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ryan78

Original poster
May 16, 2008
I am a brand new Dish subscriber. I ordered without signing a contract so that I could cancel at any time. I chose to not get the Dish Home Protection Plan but I am now reconsidering. What would keep a subscriber who is not in a contract from simply cancelling service and then re-ordering if a receiver broke? That seems cheaper than buying a new receiver or paying monthly for DHPP. Any thoughts about DHPP for someone not in a contract? What would Dish do for me if a receiver broke?

You don't need to pay for this monthly. A search on this board will show plenty of people who have been able to add it when they need it, place a service call, and then drop it immediately after. Some people have reported even being able to add this and scheduling the service call during the same phoone call.

Dude I Highly recommend it. I've used it for broken receivers. Can't count how many times I've used it for that. I have 4 boxes. Also had a wiring problem and they came out and rewired my house. For the price you can't beat it. Hope that helps. **Finally, CSNBA HD is live... HUUUUMMMMM BABY!** about time.

If you don't have it, you still only have to pay shipping for replacement receivers.
You don't have to pay for a whole new receiver or anything. I THINK the charge is $15 if you don't have DHPP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)