Dish Home Protection Plan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ju421019

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
Hey all - I needed repair to my Dish a few months back and still have this program, though I feel it should be free.

I am out of contract - acutally don't think I ever was in contract.

I have a Vip 622 ,the HDMI port stopeed working, and a 322 receiver.

I am trying to best maximize my situation - I hate being with DN but have no option - since I want the Intl.s

I signed up for the DVR Advantage program, after realizing, I was already on autopay and paperless a while back, then I signed up for the cinemax promo as well.

What can I do to get away from the HD Enabling Fee - and the Dish Home Protection - would like to get that free.

If I sign up for a Dishn' It Promo - will they offer me the home protection free? Also, is that a 12 month contract?

Any help to make my situation better would be great.

My bill is as follows:

ADDITIONAL RECEIVER 5.00
HD ENABLING FEE 6.00
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP) 5.99
DISHDVR ADVANTAGE, YOU SAVED $3.98! 49.99
Intl 24.99
Intl 24.99

Thanks!

Hey all - I needed repair to my Dish a few months back and still have this program, though I feel it should be free.

I am out of contract - acutally don't think I ever was in contract.

I have a Vip 622 ,the HDMI port stopeed working, and a 322 receiver.

I am trying to best maximize my situation - I hate being with DN but have no option - since I want the Intl.s

I signed up for the DVR Advantage program, after realizing, I was already on autopay and paperless a while back, then I signed up for the cinemax promo as well.

What can I do to get away from the HD Enabling Fee - and the Dish Home Protection - would like to get that free.

If I sign up for a Dishn' It Promo - will they offer me the home protection free? Also, is that a 12 month contract?

Any help to make my situation better would be great.

My bill is as follows:

ADDITIONAL RECEIVER 5.00
HD ENABLING FEE 6.00
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP) 5.99
DISHDVR ADVANTAGE, YOU SAVED $3.98! 49.99
Intl 24.99
Intl 24.99

Thanks!
The only way out of the HD fee is to get rid of the HD receiver in other words get a 625 instead of a 622. You can cancel the DHPP if you want and add it on again when you again need service.

We just got the HD upgrade Dishin' it up thing and it is with HD free for 6 months with an 18 month contract. The 622 upgrade is free with that contract as well. They didn't mention the home protection plan though.
If you want though they have a holiday special where they will fix/replace your reciever free even if it is out of contract.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/118426-christmas-gifts-dish.html

Sorry just looked at it and that ended on the 24th. It would cost a bit to replace it.