Dish Hopper 4 losing network connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

delcirose

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
MOBILE TRAVELER
I have a Dish Hopper 3, a 4K joey, and a wirelss joey. My hopper keeps needing to have the network connection reset. The hopper 3 is within 12 feet of the internet modem registering around 85 on average internet signal. What in the world is causing this and what can I do about it. This sometimes happens two or three times a day. This is getting old!

I had a wireless connection setup on my hopper 3 for the last year and would often see my internet connection drop out . I finally got smart and ran a wired connection from my computer room through the wall in back of my living room where my tv is. Now I no longer lose my internet connection. Problem is solved.

Reactions: charlesrshell
In my Linksys router I use the DHCP Reservation setting for all my DISH products. Keeps the same IP address so the DHCP doesn't fool around handing out different IP addresses.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to post. I started the post referencing a Dish Hopper 3, so not sure how things flipped to something about the Dish Hopper 4, which I know nothing about. My set up uses a MIFI Device from Net Gear subscribed onto the AT&T network. So it is not in a good position to try and tether this device to my Dish Receiver and AT&T does not support tethering at this time. In any case I went in to set up and wiped out and re-installed my MIFI device with it's password again. As of this morning the system seems to be working and not dropping the Joey's out. Perhaps this is the solution, I hope so and I hope that this might help someone else.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)