DISH HOPPER SPEC SHEETS

Picture Quality

I haven't seen this asked anywhere, but will the picture quality be better on the new hopper? I have a 622 & just bought a new Samsung UN55D7000 tv & am seeing a little motion blur with fast moving objects. I was hoping the hopper would eliminate this problem for me.

I haven't seen this asked anywhere, but will the picture quality be better on the new hopper? I have a 622 & just bought a new Samsung UN55D7000 tv & am seeing a little motion blur with fast moving objects. I was hoping the hopper would eliminate this problem for me.

For what your asking, I think the answer will be no. Most artifacts are introduced at the compression stage, and there's not much the Hopper could do to take them out.

Are any 5 of the 7 available at one time, or does adding the AM21 somehow "disable" the sat tuners?

there is no "disabling" of any tuner. There are 5 tuners to be used between sat and OTA if you have a AM21. For all I know you could use all 5 tuners to record OTA (although that hasnt been confirmed yet)

Does anybody know if permissions will be able to be set so the Joey's cannot delete recordings or timers on the Hopper?

The Joeys don't keep the favorites lists. They'll be on the Hopper. You can set up "Bill's Favorites" and he can access that list from any TV, not just the one in his room. No hard drives on the Joey's. The Joey's just serve as an interface with the Hoppers.

Is this a fact, or just speculation? The current VIP series dual-tuner receivers have two sets of four user-customizable favorites lists - one for TV1 and one for TV2. In other words, the guide experience is different for TV1 and TV2. I would hope that Dish would keep this concept the same for the Hopper/Joey system, even though it would mean using some of the Joey's RAM for favorites and preferences. The interface between the tuner in the Hopper and the GUI in the Joey might be tricky. I (obviously) don't know enough about how all this works to speak intelligently; I'm just hoping this is how it will work. Not a deal-breaker, but hopefully they can figure it out.

Is this a fact, or just speculation? The current VIP series dual-tuner receivers have two sets of four user-customizable favorites lists - one for TV1 and one for TV2. In other words, the guide experience is different for TV1 and TV2. I would hope that Dish would keep this concept the same for the Hopper/Joey system, even though it would mean using some of the Joey's RAM for favorites and preferences. The interface between the tuner in the Hopper and the GUI in the Joey might be tricky. I (obviously) don't know enough about how all this works to speak intelligently; I'm just hoping this is how it will work. Not a deal-breaker, but hopefully they can figure it out.

When you look at it that way, I suppose they COULD have a favorites list for each Joey. But they would be managed/stored on the Hopper, from everything I've read. As I understand it, there is no single vs dual mode. But since the Hopper clearly distinguishes between Joeys, it could be done. Or they could just do as in single mode today, have a list of Favorites lists, and you just select the one you want. Not sure I see the value in having some favorites lists not visible to all.

Consider that a channel on several favorites lists is dropped. It would be convenient to sit at one TV and go thru each favorites list and remove the channel, rather than having to go to each Joey.

What are your settings at Menu-6-8? 1080i?

NBA Free Preview

722K does not update program guide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)