Dish in Hawaii, will it work with a SuperDish?

technoguy said:
It won't work,issues with elevation and azimuth will create a nightmare to Allin that dish,Not to mention fading all the way,no only with rain but also on the nights when a weak signal will go down.

The superdish could be used to get 110 and 119 from his location Im thinking if someone were to have the time and knowledge to both orient the lnbfs acordingly and manufacture a bracket to secure them to the arm. The super dish was never ment to receive more than 3 sats but aparently people are using it to do more is what Im hearing and Im putting one together to try and get 129, 121, 119, 110 on to see if I can do it.

Van said:
The superdish could be used to get 110 and 119 from his location Im thinking if someone were to have the time and knowledge to both orient the lnbfs acordingly and manufacture a bracket to secure them to the arm. The super dish was never ment to receive more than 3 sats but aparently people are using it to do more is what Im hearing and Im putting one together to try and get 129, 121, 119, 110 on to see if I can do it.
I understand your point Van but the problem is 119 and 110(one dish with db lnb) was design to work on the mainland(48 states) We (Alaska,Hawaii,Puerto Rico and the U.S Virgin Islands)are out of the foot print and that's why when you use a 24" dishes we need to use 3 'to 8' dishes to gain a somewhat decent signal strength.for example one retailer was try to do the exact same thing you suggested,And he was selling that monster (8 footer) for around $600.00 and it never worked.:(

If you take the difference in the angle of the 2 sats and then magnify that over the additional 3000 miles to Hawaii the pointing angle is huge. That's why you need two dishes.

I look at my roof mounted dishes and am amazed at how differently they point.

Even with a 30" dish at 110, I only get signal redings of about 70 max

Dune

technoguy said:
I understand your point Van but the problem is 119 and 110(one dish with db lnb) was design to work on the mainland(48 states) We (Alaska,Hawaii,Puerto Rico and the U.S Virgin Islands)are out of the foot print and that's why when you use a 24" dishes we need to use 3 'to 8' dishes to gain a somewhat decent signal strength.for example one retailer was try to do the exact same thing you suggested,And he was selling that monster (8 footer) for around $600.00 and it never worked.:(

Understood fully, :)

Dune said:
If you take the difference in the angle of the 2 sats and then magnify that over the additional 3000 miles to Hawaii the pointing angle is huge. That's why you need two dishes.

I look at my roof mounted dishes and am amazed at how differently they point.

Even with a 30" dish at 110, I only get signal redings of about 70 max

Dune
Quite right.

Even in the USA with a simple D500, the difference in separation between 110 & 119 varies significantly across the country. The "eye" separation on a D500, SD, or D1000 is a compromise.

SimpleSimon said:
Quite right.
Even in the USA with a simple D500, the difference in separation between 110 & 119 varies significantly across the country. The "eye" separation on a D500, SD, or D1000 is a compromise.
I notice this alot with my dual input Acutrak meter. On a Dish500 you can either get a really high (dB) reading on 110 or a really high reading on 119 but you have to comprimise a little to get them both high. How does dish decide on the seperation. Do they take the seperation reading from what the west coast needs and take a reading on what the east coast would need and come up with it that way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts