Dish in RV

And you still can’t control that antenna with a Hopper.
It wouldn't surprise me if a Hopper Duo had at least limited functionality (much like a 722) when used with a dome (not the DISH branded portables). Haven't tried it so just guessing.

Can any hard drive be connected to the Wally or does it have to be a specific one?
It needs to be between 500gb and 2TB, self powered (some will work off usb power but no guarantees if it will work tomorrow).

Myself I use hard drive docks and swap out internal type drives to keep a library of programs, similar types on one HDD.

Can the LNB on the Trav'ler dish be changed?
Can it support an external switch?
The idea I'm playing with is if I connect the DPH42 switch to it, I can use it with the Hopper 3 which the dish alone doesn't support.

Yes, the Trav'ler LNB can be changed, but with a DPH42 switch no change is needed. A third coax does need to be added from the existing WA DPP LNB to the DPH42 though.

I can attest the preferred way to prep a Trav'ler for a Hopper 3 is the DPH42 Switch.

You can put a Hybrid LNBF head on the Trav'ler but the seeking logic in the Trav'ler doesn't work well with the Hybrid LNBF.

I believe the issue is the voltage needed by the Hybrid LNBF isn't generated by the Trav'ler logic and the Hopper 3 needs to be disconnected while the satellite seeking is going on.

The DPH42 is only a few bucks more that a Hybrid LNBF and you have a lot of wiring options.

Can the LNB on the Trav'ler dish be changed?
Can it support an external switch?
The idea I'm playing with is if I connect the DPH42 switch to it, I can use it with the Hopper 3 which the dish alone doesn't support.

The most efficient RV solution for a Hopper 3 is to use a DPH42 switch with a Winegard SK1000 (or an RF Mogul Eagle 3). Then for those times you're parked under trees or need to use the Eastern Arc sats, use a tripod mounted 1000.2 dish with a Hybrid LNBF. With the Hybrid, you only have to run a single coax from the tripod dish to your RV like so:

dph42_winegard-travler_one_hopper3_two_joeys-9-30-2017.jpg

The most efficient RV solution for a Hopper 3 is to use a DPH42 switch with a Winegard SK1000 (or an RF Mogul Eagle 3). Then for those times you're parked under trees or need to use the Eastern Arc sats, use a tripod mounted 1000.2 dish with a Hybrid LNBF. With the Hybrid, you only have to run a single coax from the tripod dish to your RV like so:

dph42_winegard-travler_one_hopper3_two_joeys-9-30-2017.jpg
Nice graphic. Thanks.

I can attest the preferred way to prep a Trav'ler for a Hopper 3 is the DPH42 Switch.

You can put a Hybrid LNBF head on the Trav'ler but the seeking logic in the Trav'ler doesn't work well with the Hybrid LNBF.

I believe the issue is the voltage needed by the Hybrid LNBF isn't generated by the Trav'ler logic and the Hopper 3 needs to be disconnected while the satellite seeking is going on.

The DPH42 is only a few bucks more that a Hybrid LNBF and you have a lot of wiring options.
Thanks for all the info. I wouldn't have known about the compatibility issue with the hybrid LNB otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)