Dish Information messages on screen

crickett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2007
Three times now I have had the information messages on my screen when I turn it on for the first time in the day to watch programs. It does no good to hit select or any other buttons on the remote - It will stay the same with messages. Then the screen will go blank and you can hear it down loading. After that the screen shows searching for satellite then it comes back to the programs. The first time it was satellite 77 then the next time satellite 61.5 today it was satellite 72. Does this have to do with them switching programs around??? I have a 622 and a 1000.4 dish. I appreciate any information.

What do the messages say?? A little more information will help solve this.

They are information Dish has on about different features on the remote or different things you can visit to enhance your viewing experience.

I think what you are referring to is the "Standby Messages" page, and when trying to come out of standby, the unit is rebooting.

Why do I think this? Because it happened to me today when I came home from work. I turned on the TV, got the "Standby Messages" page and pressed the "Select" button 2 or 3 times and my 622 rebooted. Hopefully just an isolated software glitch. I think I had my TV1 output set for one of the OTA stations, perhaps some signal issues helped cause the issue.

Miner

What do the messages say?? A little more information will help solve this.

dn recvrs do a sw upgrade when it is turned off... you can disable this in the menu.... but it is best to have the latest sw in the unit ... there are other things it does like idle ... might turn itself off... another menu item .... i myself would not turn it off but maybe once a month or week or so ...

dn recvrs do a sw upgrade when it is turned off... you can disable this in the menu.... but it is best to have the latest sw in the unit ... there are other things it does like idle ... might turn itself off... another menu item .... i myself would not turn it off but maybe once a month or week or so ...

You can no longer disable the nightly downloads on the newer receivers.

I think what you are referring to is the "Standby Messages" page, and when trying to come out of standby, the unit is rebooting.

Why do I think this? Because it happened to me today when I came home from work. I turned on the TV, got the "Standby Messages" page and pressed the "Select" button 2 or 3 times and my 622 rebooted. Hopefully just an isolated software glitch. I think I had my TV1 output set for one of the OTA stations, perhaps some signal issues helped cause the issue.

Miner
I guess they are the Standby messages! I've had it happen three times now ( within a two week period) and it looked for a different satellite in the eastern arc after the reboot. I sure hope it is software and not my 622 saying good bye.

I guess they are the Standby messages! I've had it happen three times now ( within a two week period) and it looked for a different satellite in the eastern arc after the reboot. I sure hope it is software and not my 622 saying good bye.

When you press thh off button for you receiver the screen will go to a Info Screen that is much like a screen saver, the images change and move around. I have never taken the time to read the screen so I'm not sure what the purpose is or if the info is of any real value. The receiver never really shuts down unless u unplug it, hence the ability record when it is "off" If you receiver is rebooting on it's own I'm betting that it may be ready to die, or at least the Hard drive may be ready to die. That is what happened to us twice with a 622, at least when the HD in the 722 died we could still watch tv, just not record.
If yo have an ehd get your programs off and call dish, hopefully you have dhpp.

Ross

Mine seized up again today. I pulled the cord this time to force a reboot. I too hope it is a software glitch, and suspect it is.

Miner

When you press thh off button for you receiver the screen will go to a Info Screen that is much like a screen saver, the images change and move around. I have never taken the time to read the screen so I'm not sure what the purpose is or if the info is of any real value. The receiver never really shuts down unless u unplug it, hence the ability record when it is "off" If you receiver is rebooting on it's own I'm betting that it may be ready to die, or at least the Hard drive may be ready to die. That is what happened to us twice with a 622, at least when the HD in the 722 died we could still watch tv, just not record.
If yo have an ehd get your programs off and call dish, hopefully you have dhpp.

Ross
The rebooting has only occurred when I put the satellite on for the first time. I can say
I have read a few of the info messages and there good if you have never had satellite before. I sure hope my 622 hard drive isn't going to die - what kind of ehd do I need? A computer ehd? Thankfully I do have dhpp!! I sure wish it was just an software issue.

Mine seized up again today. I pulled the cord this time to force a reboot. I too hope it is a software glitch, and suspect it is.

Miner

I sure am hoping it is software also!!! Would it be software already in the 622 or something being sent from Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts