Dish Injecting Ads

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I know I had read about this on Satelliteguys in the past but I can't find it now. I've noticed at least 3 times in the last few days, Dish injecting ads over the top of what was actually there on my recordings. Once was during the show. We thought it was a weird place for a commercial but we skipped ahead a couple times to get past it and it went right back to the show. We skipped back and the commercial was not there. I noticed a couple other times during commercial breaks on shows. You can skip back and the ad disappears. Anybody else notice this?

Is this just a Hopper thing? I don't recall ever seeing an injected ad in the middle of a show during a non-commercial break.

Sorry, I couldn't find the other threads. I don't mind the commercials during the commercial break, but I don't want them popping up during a show like I've had happen.

What I have found recently that is weird is I have found LOCAL commercials appearing on NATIONAL channel feeds not locally produced... like Comedy Central, History Channel, Etc... How do they do that.. ? Is it lying in waiting on my hard drive on my 622 and just "appears" when it needs to when I play back a DVR event or a show is playing live ?

The most common one that Dish injects is the "Refer a friend" to receive an iPad if you get (5) to sign up. I see it a lot.

Last night while watching Dangerous Catch, they injected an ad during the actual show. I had to rewind to see what was actually playing. Very irritating.
Can we get DIRT to pass on the complaints about this?

I suspect that was nothing more than a mistake. Dish (or Directv or a cableco) wouldn't do that on purpose - I'm sure it would get them in trouble with the network.

It's not always the same ad as some have suggested or is it always over the top of another dish ad. I just had an ad for subscribing to Epix over the top of a Hungry Jack syrup ad.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It's not always the same ad as some have suggested or is it always over the top of another dish ad. I just had an ad for subscribing to Epix over the top of a Hungry Jack syrup ad.

So you're complaining about a Dish ad covering up a syrup ad. Sounds like you like hot, sweet, and sticky to me. ;)

Hey I'm not complaining. Just pointing out that they are covering up other ads as well. I wonder if they have the right to do that? And I do like it hot but not so much sticky.

Hey I'm not complaining. Just pointing out that they are covering up other ads as well. I wonder if they have the right to do that? And I do like it hot but not so much sticky.
They should - not withstanding bugs or incompetance. As has been said, cable co's have been doing it for decades - certain slots are available for "local" ads.

Just had my first ad, it was for 50% of Epix. It just cut in, I actually thought I accidentally changed the channel. I must say I am not a big fan of them placing ads right over the show I am watching. If I hadn't read about it here I probably wouldn't have known to rewind to watch what I had missed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts