VIP922 Daily Schedule - No info available

jtaylor42

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 15, 2012
Western WI
I came home yesterday and noticed the record light was on on my VIP922 and knowing that I had nothing schedule to record I turned it on and checked it out. It was recording a show I have a schedule set for, but only for new episodes. I proceeded to check my timers and noticed that on the Daily Schedule page it was full of 5 hour blocks of No Info Available with many recording conflicts then I double check the timers page and all timers were correct. I did a reset with the reset button and let everything come back and check again and there was no change so I unplugged power and waited and when I checked there was still no change. So I deleted all upcoming recording in the Daily Schedule (which took awhile because every one I deleted it opened a new one that was a previous conflict) and decided to wait overnight to see if it would correct itself...it did not. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

You could try a check switch as that should prompt a re download of the guide and get rid if the no info.

That doesn't work on the 922. Basically he needs to turn the 922 off for an hour or so and it should update the guide.

Thanks for the replies. Apparently I wasn't patient enough, it's seems to have been corrected overnight last night, not sure why it took two nights. Oh well, at least it's corrected, thanks again.

Gents,
Thanks for the help.
I know this is an old post, but it may help someone else.
I had the same trouble, and check switch did not help. However, I was able to clear the No Info problem by setting the automatic updates to 15 minutes in the future then turning off (standby) the DVR and leaving it for 1 hour.
Just remember to reset the auto update to some time when you are not likely to be using the DVR.

FYI, I had a 922, number 3 if memory serves me correctly, I have had 6, that began having those types of symptoms and a couple of weeks later it failed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)