Dish Instalation help Please!

leathers97

Original poster
Feb 20, 2007
Hello all, I just wanted to say first things first, that i love your forum. Anyway im a satelite noob and need some help,

Heres the issue ive had a friend trying to help me hook up a second dish along with my Dish Network 500, the 500 has a 522 Dual dvr connected to it. Anyway the second Dish was installed in order to get HD, now my problem is that for some reason i cant seem to get Satellite 129 on my new VIP 211 HD reciever. Now our tester outside shows that we have a good signal strength, but when we do a signal test inside, there is absolutely no signal. Now basically im not sure if ive given enogh info in order to recieve help, but if not ill glady give anymor info if im able.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Does the 522 get 129? I'm assuming that the second D500 is connected to the first D500 and then the 2 runs go to the receivers.

You could clear the switch matrix, disconnect the satellite feed and run check switch. Connect the satellite feed and run check switch again.

Thanks

I appreciate your fast response, Unfortunately that didnt work.:( I f ya have any other suggestions, Id really appreciate them.

I was wonder if a splice in one of the coax cables could be causing there to be no signal?

Ok, to the best of my knowledge, the two dishes are connected via a coax cable that runs from the dish 500, to another dish with a dual lnb. and then theres a coax cable that runs int the back of the vip 211 reciever. Im not sure if this makes a differnce, but im also using a hdmi cable. I hope that gives you enough info, Im just not real knowledgable when it comes to this stuff. I really appreciate the help though.

Thats what i was wondering, but the man that helped had a signal meter(maybe the wrong termanology) But any way there is really good signal strength according to that. My friend even got the elavation 29 and the azmuth 234 off the internet, so i assumed that we had that right. Im defanitely open for more suggestions, so keep em coming.;) Thanks guys.

OP - Where are you located? Parts of the NE and the FL peninsula can't receive 129 at all, and for many other locations on the east coast the angle is too low for reliable performance. For the most part you could get the remaining HD content (that which is not on E8 at 110 deg.) by pointing to E3/E12 at 61.5 deg. You mentioned the possibility of a bad splice in a coax. If that same coax is carrying all the sat signals to the receivers and some are working, then you can probably assume that it's OK for all. I say probably vs. 100% because in the DPP technology Dish "stacks" the bands. We can provide links to the related information if you're interested at that level...

When you run check switch, on the matrix you probably have something like

119 110 X X
OK OK
ALL ALL NC NC

If that's the case then I think your just hitting the wrong bird.

When I did one the other day my signal was screaming at what I thought was the 129. There has to be something new out there.

We can provide links to the related information if you're interested at that level...[/quote]

That would be great, Thank you.

ok, here goes my guess. I'm assuming that you have a DPP Twin on the dish picking up 110, 119.
On the Dish that you are using to pick up 129.... does it have a Dish Pro lnb on it? (it'll say DP on the front of the lnb cover) if not, thats your problem, the second dish MUST have a DP lnb

It doesnt seem to have a DP lnb, So i assume thats the problem? Because when we hook up the single dish directly, the one thats hitting satellite 128, then we can get a signal. Ill try the DP lnb. If anyone else has any suggestions, Please keep the coming. Thanks:)

Hey just wanted to thank you guys for all the great help. When i switched out the lnb and added the new DP lnb, all worked fine. So a special thanks to birdoggy for the lnb idea.:)

no problem, been installing these things long enough that i enjoy troubleshooting little problems like this for people. Its generally the small things that most people dont think about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts