Dish install and pointing dish questions

curtishd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
So I am fairly confident that I can't get directv but I'm nit sure about Dish Network. I'm in the woods so it's hard to get a clear view of the sky. Anyone know if the angle is greater for dish as opposed to directv? My zip is 95383.

So I am fairly confident that I can't get directv but I'm nit sure about Dish Network. I'm in the woods so it's hard to get a clear view of the sky. Anyone know if the angle is greater for dish as opposed to directv? My zip is 95383.
Use dishpointer.com.

Hi, looks like you are on the west cost. Most likely your locals will be on the West arc - Dish offers two satellite arrays East and West arc. The West arc should be similar to Directv. So if you can not get Directv odds are not good for Dish; however, keep in mind that you might be able to receive service from the East arc but you may not have locals. Perhaps you can receive them OTA. If you want to use dishpointer the two arrays are 110, 119 and 129 for the west arc and 61.5, 72.7 and 77 for the east. Zoom in on your house and check to see what might be in the way. BTW - you can drag the pointer with the mouse to check out areas in your yard. Hope this helps, DC

I looked up your zip code.. You are in Twain Harte.. We have a cabin in Mi-Wuk.. You can not use the eastern arc for dish.. The mountains are in the way.. Use the dish pointer for 110.119 and 129..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)