Dish Install - Beware of unwritten Promises

ac3750

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005

I placed my upgrade order for the VIP 622 on Feb 1st after several attempts and CSR's. At first, they said I did not need the dish 1000, I kept asking how would I receive the additional HD programming without?. Well, after the third call in, it appears that my account showed I had a superdish and not a 500 which is what I had. A few minutes after realizing this, the CSR had a manager correct my account and my upgrade order was placed with an install date of March 4th.

About a week before my upgrade, I called into dish to check on my installation and the CSR confirmed the March 4th date on the workorder but said there was no listing for a dish 1000. The CSR indicated that if he were to update my workorder, my install date would be delayed. I did not like that option and asked for a supervisor who said the same thing. I ended up being transfered to their Executive Resolution Dept. and was told the same thing. I asked to speak with his supervisor, and he said he would take care of it.

The installer showed up as expected on March 4th but did not have a dish 1000 with him. He indicated that they were out of stock. The installer called into his supervisor who suggested to have the receiver installed and that they would set aside a dish 1000 for me with their next shipment and come back to my place the following Saturday morning to install. Given no other real choice, I agreed. I was also given a local number to call should I need it.

Well, I decided to call them Friday late afternoon to confirm the installation since I did not receive a call from them like I did the previous week. The person on the phone had no idea what I was talking about and promised to have a manager call me right back. No manager called me back.

On Saturday, I tried to call the local number several times in the late morning to finally have it answered by someone. No manager was in the office, but expected back in 10 to 15 minutes and he would have him call me right back. Again, No manager called me back. After waiting for another 2 hrs, I decided to call the 800 dish number. The CSR indicated that there is no workorder for my dish 1000 and that my March 4th workorder was deemed completed and closed. They tried to contact the local office with no success either. I ended being transferred to the ERD and they said they would follow-up and get back with me. I still have had no followup call from them.

I called again this morning, and at this point and still waiting for resolution to this matter. They can't get a hold of the field manager...so they say...

I know that this will be eventually resolved, because I will keep calling them, but in the future, don't accept any promises, especially from a tech unless it is stated on a workorder.

Peter Iowa said:
DISH was a better company in 2000.
Yes, when they has less customer count, you are the king, but customer count are up and who the hell you are and they don"t give a damn about their customers.

I did had mumbers trouble to them for customer service, they has no help at all just say > if not like, can cancel account <.

Dish was better in 2000 but the company only, I dont even want to get started on the subs and dealers from back then. The company now has lost touch with its customers and its employee's becuase its grown to big and become a corporation, I really wish that Charlie would stick his head back out into the world to see whats going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts