Dish Install with VIP 622

castcore

Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
Hi there, I been reading this forum and I am hoping some of you very knowledgeble folks can help me out here because I really want to get Disha nd get rid of Comcast!

Ok, I am in a new prewired home and we prefer not to have the installer drill any unnecessay holes to run cables etc. So here ist he problem, even though out home was PREWIRED, the didn't tell me HOW MANY WIRES! The only gave me 2 cables, 1 black for CAble and 1 white for dish, both lead to the media distribution center in house and into outlets in each room etc.

I have 2 HD sets and 2 SD sets that I would like to Power. I understand the VIP 622 can power 1 HD and 1 SD set. Will I be able to lease 1 CIP 622 and BUY another vip 622 to complete my task here? I gues my question is can 2 Coax run 2 622 units? I was told the cable I currently use for COmcast cable can be used to dish as well.

Please help.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys... If it is RG-6 yes, with Seperators the 622 will work fine as the seperator gives it 2 inputs...

Thanks for the quick reply. what is RG-6? I have a cable the builder said is for Satellite, the other one was used by Comcast which I got HD from if that makes any difference.

Your Welcome, Look on the cables it should say on them if they are RG-6...

They do say RG 6. I have another thing I am not sure about.

Lke I said above, I have only 2 cables(black and white) in the outside of my house coming in. Each of my outlets have 1 black and 1 white coax in the panel(in each room) I have a cable cener in my closet with all the black and white cables congregate.

My question is, to install 2 VIP 622 and using it to power 4 TVs as I decribed above.(I know 2 must be SD) How will this work?

S Looking at the vip622, I assume I conect TV2 in another rom using the Home dstribution? IF so, can I do the following.

I would assume I have to find the cable(lets say we use the white one) coming from outside of the house in my cable center and connect it to the right cable leading to the port where my receiver is. I assume that will go into Sat 1 in the vip 622. But now here is the problem, to connect to TV2 in anther room, how would I do it without running new cables and the white outlet is taken up already? I am thinking the only way is to use the black cable outlet and run it to tv two.

For the other VIP 622, I would use te black cable from outsde house and connect it in cable center again to outlet closest to VIP 622 (#2) and for the tv 2 in this setup, I would use the white outlet to connect to tv 2 in the other room.

IS my thinking here fairly correct?

PS. I just did somemore digging, will a DIPLEXER help me here and since I am having a 2 tv instal for the 622, will the dish guys install the diplexer?

Last edited:
Yes you will need a total of 4 diplexors to do the job here. In your closet you will plug each of the two lines from the dish into the SAT port on each of the diplexors. Connect the other two TVS (TV2) to the VHF/UHF port on each of the diplexors. Now connect the two lines to the 622's the the remaining port. At the recievers you must run a short piece of coxial from the seperators to the SAT port. Run another line from the TV2 output (Home Distribution Port on 622) to the VHF/UHF port on the diplexor. Connect the diplexors into the line coming from the cabinet into the remaining port. Run check switch and you should be set. Note this only works if you have a Dish Pro Plus LNB at the dish.

Yes you will need a total of 4 diplexors to do the job here. In your closet you will plug each of the two lines from the dish into the SAT port on each of the diplexors. Connect the other two TVS (TV2) to the VHF/UHF port on each of the diplexors. Now connect the two lines to the 622's the the remaining port. At the recievers you must run a short piece of coxial from the seperators to the SAT port. Run another line from the TV2 output (Home Distribution Port on 622) to the VHF/UHF port on the diplexor. Connect the diplexors into the line coming from the cabinet into the remaining port. Run check switch and you should be set. Note this only works if you have a Dish Pro Plus LNB at the dish.

Thanks for help! What is the Dish plus pro LNB? My understanding is that the DP 44 switch is able to take signals for even 3 Sats and put it into one at this switch? Am I wrong?

Thanks for help! What is the Dish plus pro LNB? My understanding is that the DP 44 switch is able to take signals for even 3 Sats and put it into one at this switch? Am I wrong?
The switch takes three sat inputs, and makes the data for each available at each switch output. It's still 3 cables in, and four cables out (one per receiver).

Attachments

• DPPT_DPD.jpg
    DPPT_DPD.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 217
The switch takes three sat inputs, and makes the data for each available at each switch output. It's still 3 cables in, and four cables out (one per receiver).

Thanks! That clears it up a lot. So in terms of diplexers, anyone have ay recomednations about which and where to get them? ONline?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)