Dish install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

domando1069

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Hi Guys
Trying to install dish at camp, I have a trimax meter, but that doesn't seem to work. I have a SL3PIG- P lnb, and Iam trying to use the signal strength meter on reciever to tune it in. When I go through the settings on the reciever and select SL3 with multi switch, I get a message on the sreen that I need a B Band Converter. Do I realy need one?? And no I can't call Direct, because I have a legal sub, but my camp is just over the border from Soo Michigan. lol
Thanks

If you have a legal subscription why not still call it in and just say it's at your legal address that you're having the problem with a BBC and you need a new one?

rad
I can't, because the dish I have at home has only one wire coming from the lnb, and the is this other multie type switch in the basement that feeds the pvr and other recievers. And none of these have the b band converters, so they will know that Iam not instalking it at home. But since I am at camp, how do I get a signal to line it up for now???

I guess that I'd try going through the satellite setup screen and not letting it auto detect but say you have 1 LNB dish for 101 only and see if that will bypass the error message.

All he has to do is call D and tell them he needs a few B-Band convertors and they will mail them out to him.

I have a few sitting around if ya need one.

Read post #4 why he doesn't want to do that.

Wondering .........

Do you think that the CSR is observant enough to realize he doesn't need them ..... or not ?

Another option, next time he sees a D* installer in the neighborhood, ask him for a few.

rad
I can't, because the dish I have at home has only one wire coming from the lnb, and the is this other multie type switch in the basement that feeds the pvr and other recievers. And none of these have the b band converters, so they will know that Iam not instalking it at home. But since I am at camp, how do I get a signal to line it up for now???

you got a SWM system at your house.. you dont need BBCs for that. however are you getting HD programming now? if NO, then you still dont need BBCs with SL3s..

however if you do got HD programming, you do need BBCs.. you can try this..

go to menu, go to parental, fav's and setup, system setup, display, preferences, and select HIDE HD or SHOW SD. and then you should be able to use your reciever without BBCs.. all BBCs do is convert to broadcast HD on your reciever. SD does not need this.

try that... im sure you got HD and your recievers need BBCs to do so. once you get it to display SD channels, you can view them without BBCs. however if your locals are on the HD, you wont be able to view them unless you add BBCs...

i do have a few here as well hanging in my garage.

Thanks to all for the help, but my main concern at the moment is NOT the B Band Converters, but do I need them to line up my dish, not getting any signal.
Thanks again

You don't need the BBCs to do an initial alignment on 101W, but you will need them to finish the job with 99W and 103W and to enjoy any HD programming that you subscribe to.

Harshness
I think you are right. I finaly got 90 + on 101, but nothing else on 99 or 103, I phoned home and asked wife to call D for a B Band, and if they won't, I seen them for 10 bucks on flee bay. Thanks to all

u can stil view your programming if you switch to SD channels and wouldnt even need the BBCs.. but if you truely want your HD where you are at, you can wait for the BBCs... if youre only gone for a short time, u can view your shows in SD. saves the hassle of waiting for that BBCs and ALWAYS directv sends out the crappy GRAY BBCs... which are useless BBCs..

ask for a black BBCs... if you get a Gray one, youre bound to have trouble.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)