Status
Please reply by conversation.

mvl99

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
phoenix,az
Hi,
I am thinking about switching from dish to direct. I want one hd dvr. Can a direct tv DISH be mounted on the side of the house(screwed into the fascia). My dish network dishes are mounted in this manner. I do not want the dish screwed into my roof. Any help would be appreciated. I am located in Phoenix, Az.

Yes it can be done. Without being able to see your house I couldn't say if your house construction can support it.

I just had my DirecTV installed two weeks ago. The installer used a metal structure that attaches to the rafters rather than the fascia board. That thing is really rugged! It does include two additional supports that attach to the fascia, but they are just for additional stability. You should be able to get a similar installation if you have exposed rafters.

If you get HD, they will install a Slimline dish that it is heavier than the round dishes of the past and has to withstand more wind turbulence. That is the reason for the rugged support.

The Facia is not an approved mount. Unless it is a very large fascia board the foot will not fit on it. The under rafter mount is a nonstandard mount and most installers would not have it. Normal installs are either on the roof or on a pole.

Let's be sure we are all talking about the same thing. A fascia is the board your gutter attaches to. A rake, sometimes called a rake fascia runs along the roof line at an angle. The op said "Can a direct tv DISH be mounted on the side of the house (screwed into the fascia).", so it sounds like he wants it attached to the rake. If the rake is against the house and you can hit the end rafter with a couple of lag screws, then yes you can mount it there. You may need to put an additional board below the rake to have something at the bottom of the mounting plate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts