Dish installation on house with tile roof and stucco walls

jbernardi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 9, 2007
Florida
I recently moved to Sarasota Fl. I'm in a short-term rental while buying a house which has a tile roof and stucco walls.

Where would the dish likely be installed in this situation? Wall or pole mount?

Thanks.

I say pole, neither of those surfaces are good mounting & can be easily damaged. Plus the owner would probably appreciate it as well.

Have you checked with your home owners association about mounting a dish. When my sisters moved into their subdivision in Sarasota there were deed restrictions forcing them to use cable. I think it was Comcast.

There can't be, at least can't be legally. It comes down to common areas. If there are no private areas, including the outside walls, roof, and land then it is because of that they can't have a satellite dish, or legitimate safety reasons. Having a bulk provider is not an allowed reason, though there is no provision for a reduction in costs if you don't want the bulk provider.

To answer the OP in Florida high chance with the construction you have it will be a pole mount.

Have you checked with your home owners association about mounting a dish. When my sisters moved into their subdivision in Sarasota there were deed restrictions forcing them to use cable. I think it was Comcast.

I don't care what the home owners association says. As long as it's not s historic district, you can do whatever you want with your property

I recently moved to Sarasota Fl. I'm in a short-term rental while buying a house which has a tile roof and stucco walls.

Thanks.

I live in your area and most have the dish mounted on the facia as long as the wood underneath is in good shape.

I think it's the house he is buying that has the stucco/tile roof.
And there can be deed restrictions that do not allow dish installs outside of private enclosed areas like a porch, at least in California. Condos are a good example.
And there are many other examples where the guvmint has a say in what you do, or don't do, with your private property. But I digress....a pole would be needed, if allowed.

He could be referring to the house now that I re-read it. If so, the rental certainly has no bearing on this situation!

Pole mount would be likely choice but it really makes the install more difficult and take longer since you gotta have utilities marked cause the techs can't break ground unless they are marked however YOU can dig the hole and trench the cable all day long cause then they are not responsible for digging at that point. So whoever the tech or techs are that come out to do it and do all that digging lol may want to tip decently :)

A pole mount is your best choice. Why wouldn't you want it on a pole? It will do no damage to the house and when you remove it, there will be no trace of it ever being there.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Thanks for all the replies.

Yes, I was referring to installing Dish at a home I would be buying. I'm in a rental house for only four months; don't think I'll install Dish there.

Thanks.
Yeah....It's called a pole mount.
Because of the high risk of adverse liability I would not without having the customer sign away their life, attach a dish to stucco...
Tile roofs were a 100% NO.....

Those are unenforceable. SHRVA sees to that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts