Dish pause & how long?

QCK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Is it possible to pause my Dish service, if so for how long is it allowed? I still have about 10 months left on my 24 month commitment. I have a new job in a city 3 hours away and where I am temporarily staying they only have DTV.

With your current situation you might be better off paying the Early Termination Fee. You can pause your account for upto 9 mo. I think it is $5/mo. but your contract is extended by the length of the pause.

Is the commitment from signing up from new business($17.50/remaining month) or a hardware upgrade($10/remaining month)?

Either way @boba may be right, if you're leaving for more than 60 days and cancel you would get all the new customer discounts when you come back.

The commitment is being a new customer, I have 2 hoppers, no EHD and plan to have Dish again whenever I find a new house to move into which will probably be in 3-6 months. If dish pause can lasts up to 9 months that would be great.

I would double check on the ETF. It can be either $17.50 or $20/ month remaining. I think that fits the timeline for the $20 per month remaining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts