Dish installed a 500+ and now I lost 61.5 - so frustrated!

CRFTony

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
A few weeks ago I contacted Dish about signing up for some foreign language packs. They said they could do that but they'd need to install a 500+. I said I'd be interested as long as my current programming would not chance. They assured me it wouldn't.

Well, the tech just left and as I flip through the channels I see my Voom HD channels are missing - they're not even on the guide. I checked the switch and I don't have 61.5 any more. Now I have 118, 110 and 119. Ugh, I'm so upset! I watched Monsters HD all the time, even with their crappy selection. I'm really po'ed and now I'm locked into an 18 month commitment.

Jeez, I just did more checked and I've lost almost all of my HD channels. No A&E, no Discovery Channel, no History Channel, no HGTV. WTF is going on...

Did they leave the 61.5 dish up? There should have been a cable from that dish to the external LNB input on the 500+.

Edit: Now that I look at it, I think you'd need a DPP44 to get what you want.

Yeah, the other Dish is still up. The tech ran a new wire from the new Dish to the receiver and removed the Separator. I don't think he ran any cables from the 61.5 dish to the new dish though. I'll have to check

I *think* I'm in the colored area. I'd be pretty close the border. I'm just outside of Somerset, PA. I can't understand why I lost channels like A&E when it's listed as being on 118/119. I'll have to call the "local" (two hours away) techs and see what they did.

Here's another question. Previously I had 2 cables hooked into my 622. One was hooked up to the separator which was marked "Sat 1 in" and "Sat 2 in". The tech removed the separator and now three cables run directly into the VIP 622. Is that right?

Here's another question. Previously I had 2 cables hooked into my 622. One was hooked up to the separator which was marked "Sat 1 in" and "Sat 2 in". The tech removed the separator and now three cables run directly into the VIP 622. Is that right?

Sounds very confusing, check to make sure if all three are inputs, one may be OTA input or the RF out to a second tv.

The coax cables are going into inputs marked "Sat 1" Sat 2" and the connection marked home network distribution (which I guess just controls the 3rd TV without a receiver. It just seemed weird that the tech took off the separator and ran a new cable to the 622 instead. But then again, I know nothing about this stuff. :)

Did they leave the 61.5 dish up? There should have been a cable from that dish to the external LNB input on the 500+.

Edit: Now that I look at it, I think you'd need a DPP44 to get what you want.

Oh, crap. Do I have to get the professionally installed? They installed a 34 today. Why wouldn't Dish have made the tech aware that I had paid programming I was receiving on 61.5.

Edit: Oh, god, I lost Fox Sports Pittsburgh too. I've lost many of my favorite channels and half my HD programming. And they've locked me in for 18 months. This is a nightmare.

Oh, crap. Do I have to get the professionally installed? They installed a 34 today. Why wouldn't Dish have made the tech aware that I had paid programming I was receiving on 61.5.

Edit: Oh, god, I lost Fox Sports Pittsburgh too. I've lost many of my favorite channels and half my HD programming. And they've locked me in for 18 months. This is a nightmare.

You need to call Dish and get them back out there pronto. You are not responsible for the cost on this. They should have not installed a 34 switch. Call Dish and tell them what happened, and let them know that they disconnected your HD Dish. You will be issued a DPP 44 switch, since you require 4 satellite locations. Have them build a TC. If you have the technician's personal phone number, try them first, then call Dish if you can't get a result.

I just called the installation company and they're supposed to call me back in a few minutes. I'll post an update as soon as I get any news.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Edit: Okay, the installers called me back and said they're coming back out to fix it. Whew! Hopefully things go smoothly this time.

I just called the installation company and they're supposed to call me back in a few minutes. I'll post an update as soon as I get any news.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Edit: Okay, the installers called me back and said they're coming back out to fix it. Whew! Hopefully things go smoothly this time.

Excellent. Probably just an oversight on their part. I've made boneheaded mistakes like that in the past as well. Disconnected something I shouldn't have.

The installer returned and installed a 44. Now everything is working perfectly. :)

Thanks again for the help! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)