On the verge of Dumping Dish

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Ok, I have no loyalties to either dish or direc. Who will give me the most HD content at a reasonable price.

My family uses dish they are comfortable with it. I use direc for all my sports. Hockey, football. I have seen direc come full force on adding new hd channels.

What is dish waiting for? The only thing keeping me holding on is the fantastic 622 dvr. Its superor to everything i have seen to date.

I loath dishes customer service-another reason to leave.

For the moment, im still here. Not for long.

Dish, give me a reason to STAY!!

I have SCi Fi on direc!! Why dont you have it????

OP Has a point. As far as i am concerned Dish has been asleep for awhile. No new HDs no New software Wheres the DVR support for the Vip 2series ????
Nothing new in along time. The only thing they seem to be working on now is to secure the Stream.

Everyone likes one company or another. If you like one company over another go with that company. If you have Both companies thats your CHOICE pick one and leave the other one alone.

I enjoyed a bunch of HD for a year while the Direct fanbase was on hold, so far no show stoppers on HD, although I hope Dish picks up Speed in February when it really starts broadcasting in HD.

They will have it just like most other providers will so I would not jump ship.. When it comes to HD Channels in the long run they will both offer the same Dish and Direct you will need to choose between price,,service and who has better hardware which for now Dish is allot better in all 3 of those areas. Folks forget Direct was behind for so many years they had nothing to do but add more HD which most everything they added Dish has had for awhile. Right now Direct only has a few more channels than Dish but they will even back up most likely this year.

The problem is that Dish is acting like the Bushies. They only tell us what they think we need to know and nothing else. Maybe they have a plan. Maybe they dont.

Sorry people,
Im just saying it like it is. I have had dish way before I have had direc. Dish has been very good up until now. Im not bashing dish because I love direc.

Competition is good-we will benefit from this!

Im astonished
that they are standing still and doing NOTHING!

Voom has been a treat! but the content seems old and repetative. I happen to enjoy rave and equator channel.
Direc seems to be on the cutting edge. Maybe Dish is quitely doing something?

Again, dish has the best DVR (622) on the market hands down. They need to start making a move or they will lose subs.

Hopefully they will hear people like me- and not say heres the door!

You guys, (And many others - not just you) want whoever has the most/best price at the moment. You need to switch as the times change. At one time Dish had more HD, now Direct does, at some point probably not too far off Dish will either have more HD again, or something else that will be better than Direct. Instead of getting upset with either provider, just switch, then switch back.

There is no other choice for you - they are two different companies, who have different priorities, and don't do things at the same time. For quite some time Direct had better boxes (in my opinion) but now Dish seems to have overall better ones. So should you switch from Direct to get a better receiver? Then switch back when Direct comes out with one better than Dish? I can remember when people were complaining that Direct was far behind Dish in getting local markets. I guess you should have switched instead of waiting for Direct to catch up, then switch back again when Direct got your locals.

Sorry people,
Im just saying it like it is. I have had dish way before I have had direc. Dish has been very good up until now. Im not bashing dish because I love direc.

Competition is good-we will benefit from this!

Im astonished
that they are standing still and doing NOTHING!

Voom has been a treat! but the content seems old and repetative. I happen to enjoy rave and equator channel.
Direc seems to be on the cutting edge. Maybe Dish is quitely doing something?

Again, dish has the best DVR (622) on the market hands down. They need to start making a move or they will lose subs.

Hopefully they will hear people like me- and not say heres the door!

E* is doing something - they've heavily invested in additional satellites that they hope will get off the ground sooner, rather than later. They cant add HD at D*'s pace until these sat launches happen. Heck, D* couldn't even add HD at D*'s current pace until September after they got their sat finally launched in July. Its funny how many posts there were for many, many months from D* folks about how bad D*'s lack of HD sucked.

Allegedly, E* may currently have room for about 10 more national HD channels w/o a sat launch. I bet they are going to add the ones that make the most sense to add, and not rush out and use up all 10. Especially for channels that may not even have that much HD (currently). Hopefully they'll use the remaining bandwidth wisely.

But then the discussion gets back to why is Sci-Fi and USA HD uplinked at 110, very valuable realestate, and has been for a number of weeks, but still not available to customers? It would be be different it nothing had been uplinked but folks in the know say they're there.

But then the discussion gets back to why is Sci-Fi and USA HD uplinked at 110, very valuable realestate, and has been for a number of weeks, but still not available to customers? It would be be different it nothing had been uplinked but folks in the know say they're there.

People know they're uplinked, so there is a (more than) fair shot we'll have them soon, and I view that as evidence that E* IS doing SOMETHING. Others state that E* isnt doing ANYTHING as far as HD is concerned, when they know these two have been uplinked. (and I know being uplinked isnt PROOF that we'll get them, however without having any statistics to back this up, I bet that E* has launched far more uplinked channels than they've failed to launch uplinked channels).

People know they're uplinked, so there is a (more than) fair shot we'll have them soon, and I view that as evidence that E* IS doing SOMETHING. Others state that E* isnt doing ANYTHING as far as HD is concerned, when they know these two have been uplinked. (and I know being uplinked isnt PROOF that we'll get them, however, I bet that E* has launched far more uplinked channels than they've failed to launch uplinked channels, and no, I don't have any statistics to back up this belief).

Not always the case. Dish had INHD (now MOJO) uplinked for a long time. It never came to fruition.

So im not sold that everything uplinked becomes a live station. Dish has some some great things. They were the leader. Not so anymore-They are playing catch up big time.

I bought NHL center ice off dish. Big mistake, direc offers 3 times as much hi def for the NHL package? Why would that be the case? Im not sure. Again, no word from dish. Whats on the horizon, what we can expect.

People know they're uplinked, so there is a (more than) fair shot we'll have them soon, and I view that as evidence that E* IS doing SOMETHING. Others state that E* isnt doing ANYTHING as far as HD is concerned, when they know these two have been uplinked. (and I know being uplinked isnt PROOF that we'll get them, however, I bet that E* has launched far more uplinked channels than they've failed to launch uplinked channels, and no, I don't have any statistics to back up this belief).

Do you know how many electrons were sacrificed for this thread?

Pull the trigger and dump Dish if you already have Direct. Your family will forgive you once they learn how to use the Direct TV remotes and boxes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)