On the verge of Dumping Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No threats here. Not sure why people take this as a personal attack?

My point is that if you have been with a company a long time its ok to question why they are not providing more content. Especially when more content is available.I work hard for my money Im sure you do as well. I want the most for my buck dont you??

I really do like dish but its frustrating to see a lack of movement or at best drop hints at things to come.

Im sure there are like minded people who feel the same way as I do.

Competetion is good! We will benefit from it!

Not always the case. Dish had INHD (now MOJO) uplinked for a long time. It never came to fruition.

So im not sold that everything uplinked becomes a live station. Dish has some some great things. They were the leader. Not so anymore-They are playing catch up big time.

I bought NHL center ice off dish. Big mistake, direc offers 3 times as much hi def for the NHL package? Why would that be the case? Im not sure. Again, no word from dish. Whats on the horizon, what we can expect.

1st they are not playing catch up there only a hand full of channels that Direct has added that Dish does not have. Overall Dish and Direct will carry about the same HD Channels like they do in SD. So I would not jump ship yet then later wishing that you had not like most folks do..

20 what channels are you counting for Direct? I'm talking ""National HD Channels"" not talking about all the FSN HD Channels so forth..

Yeah I looked at their list I see where you could get 20 from if you include some of the movie channels.. So I was wrong on the number of channel it is more like 20.. But my point that I'm making is one Direct had nothing to do but to add more HD since they have not added any news channels in awhile. Also they have gotten a new Sat up which let them do this but overall Dish will add more as well and in the long run they will offer about the same. If folks want Direct then thats fine go with what you want but Dish will get there as well just like Direct did. I always refer folks to Sat TV over Cable if they can get it where they live.

But yeah I see their new list now so its good to see Direct has those channels due to that means Dish can get them as well as everyone else..

Yeah I'm looked at their list I see where you could get 20 from if you include some of the movie channels..
Which alot of people get. Even without those there are quite a few.

Lets not forget several of the RSNs that D* has put up are 24/7 rather than game only like on E*. Now this doesnt mean the same blackouts that you get on E* wont be in effect on D*, but there is alot of HD content that would otherwise be unavailable on them

Channel compare spread sheet

dfergie has been keeping the attached spread sheet on the E* and D* HD channels (if you see errors please let him know). Just counting the national HD and sports, not RSN, not PPV, not sports subscriptions to make it about as level a playing field you can get I count 29 channels that E* does not carry that D* does, and that's including Voom channels in the E* count. If you subtract the channels that nobody's reported seeing any HD on (CMT/MTV/Toon/VH1/Fuel) that's 24 more channels then E* has now, the same number that E* announced today that they'll be adding in all of 2008 for national HD channels. D* has announced adding ABC Family, Disney, Toon Disney, ESPNNews and a bunch of HBO/Cinemax channels in 2008.

It's good news that E* at least announced some numbers but it would be nice to know what channels they're going to add and a better time frame, like X number of channels once X satellite gets launched.

Attachments

• Dish DirecTV HD List.xls
    37.5 KB · Views: 80
I would keep Dish if I were you. Good things are coming in 2008.

I agree

I will not go back to DTV they are such a shady company. I canceled back in mid Oct and I'm still dealing with them, but now through the BBB. Gosh they can't even cancel a sub without making you go through hoops.

I agree

I will not go back to DTV they are such a shady company. I canceled back in mid Oct and I'm still dealing with them, but now through the BBB. Gosh they can't even cancel a sub without making you go through hoops.
I feel for you, however you should realize this type of customer "service" can happen with either company

To all you wanna-be ship jumpers: Dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Why are people who change cable providers given flak? They are content providers and nothing else. They must compete for our business and our dollars. If one doesnt, oh well. Just like nobody cares if people switch from AT&T to T-Mobile for their cell phones.

If some family changes, the best thing is to simply wish them good luck in hoping that the other guy will give them what they want. Not to be mean to them for doing it.

But yes... its always good practice to protect those regions :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)