Dish Internet Response Team Please - ViP 622 on the way out, wondering about options

BPeter

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Mpls., MN
Hello,
I have a ViP 622 that seems to be on it's way out. I have unplugged it for a couple days on multiple occasions and had some limited luck getting it to work for short periods of time. I have been a customer for a LONG time, and have been very happy with my service. I am looking at options for this receiver replacement. I have an iPhone 4, so I would love to be able to take advantage of the sling technology. In the past I have had to pay for my receivers as part of a Dish n' It Up promotions, only to have the receivers offered for free to other customers. Please advise as to what my options are. My wife is growing inpatient as she runs a daycare and the cartoons are not available due to the receiver not working.
Thanks,
Bryan

If you call to get it replaced you will get a 722 sent out. It is a free upgrade and then after that is done you can call and ask for the sling adapter promotion.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using SatelliteGuys

If you call to get it replaced you will get a 722 sent out. It is a free upgrade and then after that is done you can call and ask for the sling adapter promotion.

You might and you might not.They are still sending refurb 622's.To the op insist for a 722,hopefully needing the sling adapter they will send you what you need.

To the OP: if you send your phone number or account number, I can get you more details about getting a replacement/better unit. From what I understand, if we RA a 622, a 722 is now sent out in it's place.

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
To the OP: if you send your phone number or account number, I can get you more details about getting a replacement/better unit. From what I understand, if we RA a 622, a 722 is now sent out in it's place.

yeah that is whatim referring to.

Not true. My 622 just died two weeks ago, and when I called to have it replaced, I asked over and over again (basically begged) to be given a 722, and DISH customer service refused. The operator insisted that dead 622s are only replaced with refurb 622s and that a 722 was an "upgrade" that I would "have to buy". So, long story short, two days later, I got a refurb 622 in the mail and replaced my dead one.

They started this on the 26th. So it looks like this 622 has power failure huh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts