Only use 110 and 128 instead of 119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

radioguy205

Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Is it possible to do this? I have two LNB's and they are currently on 110 and 119. With only PPV channels on 119 I do not need it? I have a 311 and want to get a Vip612 off eBay. Thanks in advance!!

There's a lot more than just PPV channels on 119. The Dish 500 (I'm assuming) you have wouldn't be able to pick up just 110 and 129 (that I know of at least, I think the spacing of the eyes are too close and the reflector may be too small).

Thanks for the reply. I have a superdish that used to have 105, 110 & 119. I go to the point dish menu on my 311 receiver and it picks up a strong 110, 119 and 128 signal but the 128 will not lock. I was going to get a western arch off eBay as well as the receiver to use 110, 119 & 128 for the HD channels available on the DVR.

The superdish wasn't designed to pick up the 3 sats (that I know of). I'm not gonna be very helpful on what it can do, only what it should do

I'm sure someone on here has some hand on experience and would be able to give a better answer than I can

The superdish wasn't designed to pick up the 3 sats (that I know of). I'm not gonna be very helpful on what it can do, only what it should do

I'm sure someone on here has some hand on experience and would be able to give a better answer than I can
\

The Superdish was designed to pick up 119 and 110 and either 105 or 121.. It is obselete and should be replaced.. It will not work for a 110/119/129 combination.. (without major modification)

Now for the OP.. The 119 is one of Dish's core satellites.. You will loose quite a few SD Channels if you don't get it.. But there are only a handful of HD Channels on it.. But some of those are really big channels. Like ESPN.. Not sure why you are wanting to get only 110 and 129.. Get the correct Dish and get everything you are supposed to get..

ESPN HD is on 110. Unless he lives in AK, HI, or PR, he shouldn't have to worry about trying to get HD from a 119 spotbeam. The only HD on 119 CONUS is a few PPV. That's it.

\

The Superdish was designed to pick up 119 and 110 and either 105 or 121.. It is obselete and should be replaced.. It will not work for a 110/119/129 combination.. (without major modification)

Actually yes it will, and quite well in fact. They might be a little hard to find now but there are repoint kits designed for the Superdish that will convert it to a WA 1000+, or just a 1000. The 1000 kit consists of a new arm and "W" bracket that holds three single/duel LNBs. I think the 1000+ kit just requires the 118.7 LNB kit. There already should be a DP single/duel on your current SD so all you would need it the kit and two DP single/duels. You will use your existing switch. I don't install anymore but may have one or two kits laying around somewhere I may be able to find one if no other source turns up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)