Dish internet service

Greysquirrel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
When I changed to Dish from my cable Co. they gave me a good deal on the internet service, but only for one year then it doubles.
Has anyone got Dish internet and if so what is the DL speed and is it stable, also the cost of the service.
I hate to change and have to set up new email accounts as well and notifieing all the companies that have my current address and my personal connections unless dish is a better deal all around.
Thanking you in advance.
My zip code is 28739 if that is any help to find out what provider I would have.

What do you have now for internet? If you have anything other than Satellite that is descent you may want to stay with what you have now.
If they give you Satellite Internet and you are used to streaming and such, you will not be happy.
Your download allowance a month will be 10Gigs a month on the lowest plan at $50.

If you have landbased options for internet, NEVER switch to satellite.

Low usage caps, high latency.

DishNet is just rebranded HughesNet or Excede. Last time I checked regular rates start at around $50/month for 10 Mb downstream with 10GB of data

OneWeb is coming soon, I can feel it.
From techcrunch :

Seems they partnered with Hughs to become the company aiming to bring the internet to the 31% of the world’s population who don’t have access to 3G connectivity, is moving one step closer to bringing its satellite services back to Earth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts