Dish Internet team comes through (again)

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I have to say having the DIRT team here has made my activation and subsequent fixing of the billing error very smooth.

When I activated I sent Mary all my info needed and about 10 minutes later she called me to get the credit card info and let me know it was activated.
I had some issues getting the EHD working right (it would read the drive but when I tried to record it said "not activated" even though the on screen popup said I was) but they got it fixed. Then the bill showed up and I had been charged for 3 $40 activation of the EHD charges....Mary credited the other 2. Turns out I was charged for 5 of them :eek: and Matt very quickly got those other 2 credited (I had PM'd him on something else and he verified that I had been charged twice more).

If I had to call Dish customer service or even the chat for the EHD issues I probably would have cancelled already because I just know they would have argued the extra $40 charges and it would have been a pain to get the EHD activated. I know in the past when I call Dish I would cringe because of the issues.

But thumbs up :up to the DIRT team getting it fixed.

A huge asset. Something Dish did right, to allow this, it promotes untold good will. (And of course kudos to Scott and the site)

I agree. They solve problems in minutes not hours (or days)
I know in the Directv area we've wanted something like the DIRT team too

The acronym is funny, but the team is a blessing for customers on this site. As stated, kudos to Scott as well. Dish will probably promote the DIRT team in the next DN vs. DTV commercial.

I agree with all that everyone has said here. Now if I may ask a favor of you posters as well. When dealing with DIRT get an email for their supervisors and drop a quick line to let them know just how good a job these folks do. My guess is were it not for them that more than a few here would not be DISH customers now. I know I've been helped a couple times now and greatly appreciate what they have done, so I've done just that, sent an email saying what a valuable asset these people are. Most of us would not hesitate to write the nasty gram if we got poor service so let's just take a minute to let DISH know what GREAT service their people here do and how much we appreciate them.

Just my two cents worth, but from me to all of the DIRT here, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, YOU ARE APPRECIATED!

Wait a minute. I'm trying to get my head around this. Iceberg. Iceberg. Getting Dish. Checking calendar. Nope, not April. Not 12/21/12. Not raining frogs. I needa drink. ;)

When I activated my EHD on my 211 I had some issues with recognizing the EHD and was charged for 3 activations. I called and got credited for 2 of them very easily. This was a while back before I think there was even a DIRT team :)

From reading in this forum the DIRT team seems to be very helpful......I PMed Mary B today regarding the Multi Sport pack free promo (which includes the NFL Red Zone) to see if I was eligible.

I'm wondering if DIRT has the same or similar authority as the Executive Resolution Team (ERT). If it wasn't for the ERT, I doubt I'd still be a Dish customer.

I have to admit, if it wasn't for Sat Guys I would not be a DISH customer today. I've learned to check the forum whenever having a problem with my service to see if others are having the same problem. Too many CSRs saying "Oh no, we've never had anyone with that problem before ..."

Yea we are very fortunate to have the Dirt team here.I just hope that someone higher up the chain is taking notice of all the positive feedback they are getting.Hopefully they are and hopefully they will try to improve the chat and phone reps.

RaymondG helped me out just yesterday with my bill. A big thanks to him and the rest of the DISH support team. I am a very happy subscriber.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)