DISH Introduces Flex Pack

I wish I could start with Welcome pack and add additional channels for $5 or $7.50 a pop. It'd get expensive quick, but if you know what you really want to pay for, that'd be great. But Flex Pack is about as good as we can reasonably expect.

Exactly it's just as Flexible as every other package.
If your lucky it has your preferred line up.

Flex should have started with $10 Basepackage like Welcome pack.
And then from there have available options that everyone can benifit from.

While Flex is a good start, I hope to see some better package options in the Future.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I don't disagree at all. People would have to understand (and we already see some don't) that adding channels that way is expensive. But just as with the Flex Pack if you don't need many channels you could still save alot. I'm guessing you still could only choose from a list of channels and some of the channels not available in anyway with Flex may still not be a choice. One other thing I would say there has to be a certain amount someone has to be spending a month for DISH to be willing to service an account. That could be $20, the cost of the Welcome pack.

Reactions: pattykay
I contacted Dish today and they confirmed that I would have to drop the Top 250 package if I wanted to add BBC World News. He insisted I downgrade to Top 200

I contacted Dish today and they confirmed that I would have to drop the Top 250 package if I wanted to add BBC World News. He insisted I downgrade to Top 200

Well yes we know that as of now. But I checked again today with a DIRT member and he said none of the new channels have been officially announced yet by dish and there is no guideline yet as to what packages they will end up in. What we see now could or could not be what is finalized. I have the TOP 200 and my programming does not show I could get the News Pack.

I have the TOP 200 and my programming does not show I could get the News Pack.

Mine does.

Do you have the G4 access cards?
Because if you have the G3 cards these won't show up on your account as a option.

517dce249556e7a0876ffe08e98276cb.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

That is the main reason I bought a Roku, as I got tired of never getting the new channels I asked for. I asked for BBC World for years going back to Charlie Chat times. Yes, Dish has it, but as of for now I don't with AT250. But I get several streams on the Roku. The future is streaming. I just added a new app channel on the Roku that has Times News, the Indian 24/7 English news channel for free. there is always something new on the Roku. More and more is showing up in 1080i too.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
Mine does.

Do you have the G4 access cards?
Because if you have the G3 cards these won't show up on your account as a option.

517dce249556e7a0876ffe08e98276cb.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I wonder if it's because I might need the new card?

That is the main reason I bought a Roku, as I got tired of never getting the new channels I asked for. I asked for BBC World for years going back to Charlie Chat times. Yes, Dish has it, but as of for now I don't with AT250. But I get several streams on the Roku. The future is streaming. I just added a new app channel on the Roku that has Times News, the Indian 24/7 English news channel for free. there is always something new on the Roku. More and more is showing up in 1080i too.

That's how I mostly use the Roku, (Actually now the FireTv for me it's better) for those couple of channels I want. EuroNews primarily, sometimes NHK and couple of others. I'm not yet convinced the future is streaming but as another option it is, and good that it's creating competition to traditional TV.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
So I hadn't been able to get locals from via my OTA adapter on my Hopper 2 to show program info without subscribing to locals, even though some have been lucky. I tried adding locals back for a few days and getting rid of them again to see if the tag "stuck" but they all went away again. So I went to my basement, dusted off my TiVo Premiere with lifetime service, and got it up and running to be able to service my locals with that DVR! Not the most convenient, but at least now we have an option for the few times we do watch locals (which isn't enough to warrant the $10 per month).

Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell
VIP 612 - actually aren't those built in...Been a long time since I had reason to look. I'll check when I get home.

VIP 612 - actually aren't those built in...Been a long time since I had reason to look. I'll check when I get home.
G3s are built in.
They will send you G4 cards to Put in the card slot.
I'm surprised you don't have an External Card.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

My memory was correct this time, no cards. I'll leave well enough alone for now I'm staying with the Top 200 and can live without BBCWN since I can get it with Fire TV and wouldn't pay $10 for it anyway.

Reactions: TheKrell
Exactly it's just as Flexible as every other package.
If your lucky it has your preferred line up.

Flex should have started with $10 Basepackage like Welcome pack.
And then from there have available options that everyone can benifit from.

While Flex is a good start, I hope to see some better package options in the Future.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I finally tried to cancel dish and we switched to the directv/ att company discount of ultimate all Included and 4 rooms for the10$ flat fee finally. Then added at full nominal price their sports pack.
(Total bill at 24.99. )
As I've posted a few times prior I've been paying dish for years over 140$ and didnt have too . I wouldn't have uverse tv no matter how free it was but now after the direct acquisition I have a sat option at 10 bucks plus all the sunday ticket perks free also. When the NFL dispute happened I leaped.

Anyway Dish ended up insisting on staying ( tactical cust save enforcement team ). They gave me the welcome pack for 20$ a month in which I have always had the adapter for the OTA function also.Total bill is now at 23$ and change with an original hopper and 1 other Joey.
I'm not sure I'll keep it yet BUT I at least I get all the sub OTA channels and guide data with recordable content availability.. so it's a hard decision to make especially since direct and the 21 OTA solution is simply aTrain wreck.

Dish needs a package with the locals and public info free channels *only and then all these add-ons.
If dish offered a single reciever option ( leased or purchased) of locals and those no cost or low cost channels I think people would bite. Then seasonal sports folks and people with kids could get low cost switchable options as they see fit. Grand kids arrive ? Add on.
Your sport of choice season? Add on.
Etc etc...
Or they could have a true tivo competitor for people like me or the cord cutters.
They already have a Netflix deal and could add a few more to the hopper also (??? +)
These add-ons would tempt and gain ..I think if convenient options appeared.

The flex with DVR and fees I think is still too far up the ladder in price for it to truly take off.
Like others said though it's a start.

Reactions: pattykay
There is no $10 base pack Welcome package. If you are suggesting DISH should give a free first receiver and service an account for locals only @ $10 I would say why stay in business. Why doesn't Directv or Cable offer that? If you have credits I get the deal from DISH, otherwise maybe others can chime in but can anyone else get DISH to give you the Welcome package, Hopper and Joey for $23? I would think it better to just let the customer go?

I'm also not understanding the Directv deal?

There is no $10 base pack Welcome package. If you are suggesting DISH should give a free first receiver and service an account for locals only @ $10 I would say why stay in business. Why doesn't Directv or Cable offer that? If you have credits I get the deal from DISH, otherwise maybe others can chime in but can anyone else get DISH to give you the Welcome package, Hopper and Joey for $23? I would think it better to just let the customer go?

I'm also not understanding the Directv deal?

Supposed to be 39 something plus tax. ( 43 I guess )
At save team time they knocked 20 off to keep us.
Now at 23 after tax.
-----+
Went from 250 plus movie pack ,HBO, showtime And seasonal
Sports pack ( football season) for whole term w/o change to the welcome at 23 bucks

Dtv?
Employee discount .
Simple

Just swapped us down to the flex pack and added locals, kids, and the variety pack. This will save us about $15 a month for the same channels that we watch.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts