DISH Introduces Flex Pack

I wasn't wrong period.
You quoted the Dish $39.99 offer and claimed it included the Hopper.
Thats false.
The $39.99 offer is $49.99 if you add a Hopper.

Its been well documented that the Flex pack is $34.99.
$29.99 with Autopay.
The New customer offer is $39.99 that Includes flex, Locals and Autopay.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
That is A deal not the only deal for new customers. In fact the $39.99 is no more a deal than getting the Flex Pack and adding an add on yourself. Show me where I said the $39.99 DISH offer included a Hopper. You read into that when I was specific I was talking about the $29.99 Flex Pack then adding a Hopper. No matter how you spin it the Flex Pack is $29.99 and adding a Hopper is $39.99 for new subscribers and that is what I responded to when you said that is wrong. My only mistake was adding an additional $5 discount for autopay in my first posts and then said that was wrong.

That is A deal not the only deal. Show me where I said the $39.99 DISH offer included a Hopper. You read into that when I was specific I was talking about the $29.99 Flex Pack then adding a Hopper.
Maybe you should go back and read post 443.
You said 34.99
Thats the only Promo I see dish running.
And thats a $39.99 Flex pack with locals, and a $10 hopper add on.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I give up because it will go on forever. Another thread derailed. I was candid and said I was wrong but you continue to say I am wrong now when it is you who is wrong. That post was with the $5 mistake I made, nowhere did I say it was the DISH $39.99 offer in fact I was clear it wasn't.
"A new or old subscriber can get the Flex Pack for $29.99 they do not have to get the add on pack. When it first came out before when getting a Hopper it showed and added $15 for Hopper but $24.99 for the package for new subscribers. ($34.99) Now it is $29.99 for the package and $10 for the Hopper ($34.99) instead of $15 for the Hopper- Same extra $5 savings but correctly attributes it to the Hopper DVR savings."

Gents, this thread is creating more confusion than clarity

Just someone answer me this...what will it cost for flex and locals...already in autopay Will my $12.00 DVR fee go down to 10?

Just someone answer me this...what will it cost for flex and locals...already in autopay Will my $12.00 DVR fee go down to 10?
I would say no because your not a new customer.
And not Mike ...

You will get a $5 autopay credit.
But if you decide to upgrade to a Hopper3, maybe they will offer you the $10 promo.

Flex $34.99
Locals $10.00
Auto pay - $5
total $39.99
+ your DVR fee.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Correct for current customers it should be $29.99 for the Flex Pack for a two year contract and autopay, guaranteed price for the two years, $10 for locals for a total of $39.99. Then add whatever your current DVR fees are.
They said the DVR fee discount is only for new subscribers and their fee would be $15 without the $5 discount they get. But never hurts to ask. That's another $48 savings if $10 rather than $12 a month. I don't know if you would keep your Grandfathered fee after.

Reactions: pattykay
Correct for current customers it should be $29.99 for the Flex Pack for a two year contract and autopay, $10 for locals for a total of $39.99. Then add whatever your current DVR fees are.
They said the DVR fee discount fee is only for new subscribers and their fee would be $15 without the $5 discount they get. But never hurts to ask. That's another $48 savings if $10 rather than $12 a month. I don't know if you would keep your Grandfathered fee after.
So the 1st Hopper fee (any version) is zero, right? $12 DVR fee for Hopper or $15 if hopper3, unless you can talk them into the $10 fee.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So the 1st Hopper fee (any version) is zero, right? $12 DVR fee for Hopper or $15 if hopper3, unless you can talk them into the $10 fee.

Yes, first Hopper free any version. (or any receiver) Hopper or Hopper w/Sling is $15 DVR fee now the $12 is a Grandfathered fee. If you don't want a Hopper you could get a VIP receiver and that DVR cost is $10. If you already have a Hopper then if you add other receivers each will have a cost. Hopper, joey etc.

DVR Service

Hopper or Hopper w/ Sling
$15.00
All other DVR receivers
$10.00

So a two year contract, with autopay current subscribers, for Flex is $29.99, add a Hopper DVR fee then $44.99. Then add whatever ad on packs you may want and whatever receivers you want to add.

Basically for you, Yes.

If you have 2 Hoppers, You pay $12 DVR fee, and $12 on your 2nd Hopper.

Any New account after the beginning of February 2016 all hoppers have a $15 fee doesnt matter which version Hopper.
Its a DVR fee.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: tcat007

Log into your Dish account and click through making the change and see what it tells you ! You don't have to follow through - just back out when it gives you the 'proposed' rate.

Reactions: tcat007 and Troch77
Log into your Dish account and click through making the change and see what it tells you ! You don't have to follow through - just back out when it gives you the 'proposed' rate.
I believe that only works if you already have the proper smart card in your receiver. I can't do it yet (haven't upgraded the card that was sent me yet).

Reactions: Tampa8 and Troch77
Did that, total goes from $125 (t200) to $95 (flex), both with movie pack and locals, flex with Heartland. DVR fee stayed grandfathered at $12 (probably upgrade to h3 soon). A first for Dish, allowing existing customers in on this! Will save another $5 after I upgrade the Hopper (+$3dvr-$8protection). And hopefully the $5 autopay discount I don't currently get.

Did that, total goes from $125 (t200) to $95 (flex), both with movie pack and locals, flex with Heartland. DVR fee stayed grandfathered at $12 (probably upgrade to h3 soon). A first for Dish, allowing existing customers in on this! Will save another $5 after I upgrade the Hopper (+$3dvr-$8protection). And hopefully the $5 autopay discount I don't currently get.

Switching will save you $19 a month over a Top 200 contract.

I believe that only works if you already have the proper smart card in your receiver. I can't do it yet (haven't upgraded the card that was sent me yet).
I wouldn't have thought they restrict people like that ! What if you go to the site like you're not an existing customer ? I guess then it might give you "new customer" promos though.

Wow, all this this is confusing. This is what I got after switching from AT120 to Flex. no add ons-
MY CURRENT SERVICES
Flex Pack
$
Protection Plan
$
DVR Service
$
FCC Regulatory Fee
$
First Receiver (add'l $7-17)
$
HD Free For Life (reg $10)
$
Monthly Charges
$
I have been already doing auto pay forever. I cut my bill about 30 bucks switching to Flex. But if there is a way to save even more, I am all for that. I thought about getting rid of the protection plan but hate to have to pay for a service call if equipment craps out. In all the years I have had Dish I have had to have a tech out maybe 2-3 times? Last time a couple of years ago the LNB went out on my Dish 500 and they took care of it no charge. What are thoughts on protection plan?

Reactions: KAB
Get rid of the protection plan. That will save you $8 a month. If and when you might need it you can simply add it then.

New Card:

With my new job, it keeps me out of town for about 2 months at a time while the family is at home. Wife watches her shows, I record mine and watch when I want over Sling. Before I commit to changing, is there a way I can call Dish to just send me the new card so I can swap it out when I'm home over the labor day week to test everything to make sure it's working.

Then once the new card is in, I can go online and make the pack changes?

Thanks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)