DISH Introduces Flex Pack

...I will call them to try to find out what is going on, and to get my account straightened out.

:everybodydance :crowdbounce

Success! The Office of the President was able to put a tag on my account to allow me to get the Renewal Offer, and I just logged into my account to redeem it. Thanks to Laila S. for helping. I just wish Dish had made this process smoother, because I have been asking about this for the last two months.

Just got my first Flex-related bill. I can confirm that all changes to mini packs do not incur any additional fees, and if a mini pack is added and removed the same day, there is a zero net charge.

upload_2016-10-12_9-28-48.png

Last edited:
Guys, if Dish offered all the good channels in the Flex Packs, everyone would switch to Flex Packs and Dish would go out of business. It either fits your needs or it doesn't. Dish can't keep adding channels. Nothing with Dish lasts forever. Next year they will do away with Flex and add something different. Remember Platinum, Blockbuster, Absolute, and Dish America Bronze, Silver, and Gold..

Reactions: satjay
Therefore for current subscribers you would pay $24.99 if you did the contract with autopay, guaranteed pricing for 24 months. There is no $19.99 deal for anyone.

DIRT was unable to help, so I called the Loyalty Department and I was able to get the Flex Pack deal for $24.99 per month. (plus the $0.03 per month FCC fee, total $25.02) I think that includes the temporary $5 per month credit I was already getting, which I was not required to give up, despite previous reports to the contrary. My bill will be available tomorrow, so I will know for sure then.
So, by signing up for the Renewal Offer after I already had the $5 per month autopay credit, I apparently managed to get an additional $5.01 credit (I have no idea where the extra penny came from) on top of the credits I already had, because my balance is now $20.01 :)

So, by signing up for the Renewal Offer after I already had the $5 per month autopay credit, I apparently managed to get an additional $5.01 credit (I have no idea where the extra penny came from) on top of the credits I already had, because my balance is now $20.01 :)

What does it show your monthly cost is under "My Programming" You can't go by what your balance is because, for one thing there may be a prorated cost involved or a credit still being applied.

Just to Clarify, according to the Channels Line up Card in the Dish support section of your Dish account.
It lists TEEN NICK as being available in the Kids pack.
50aa7d26b6850c4974abc4bce56c462e.jpg

bca1d52eeced1de7047ee52367b3efae.jpg

This is not the case.
Since I don't subscribe, Im not sure if there are any other errors besides LAFF which according to the channels line up its not in any package.

Just be careful using the PDF line up card.

But my only refer a friend I managed to sign up, Found out his $39 (With no teen nick) package was going to cost them $70 anyway so, they went with the Top 200 two days later and received $20 per month credits for 24 months.

Top 200 for $59.99 I want that deal.
But actually I have Top 250 for $64.99 for another 10 months anyway with this refer a friend.

Now we just need a way to add BBC world news to it.

What does it show your monthly cost is under "My Programming" You can't go by what your balance is because, for one thing there may be a prorated cost involved or a credit still being applied.
A prorated cost for what? I switched to Flex Pack two months ago, and I did not make any programming or equipment changes this time around. None of the credits ever show up under "My Programming." It shows a monthly rate of $35.02, which is now locked for two years. (Well, $34.99 of that is locked, anyway. ;)) As I said in my earlier post, my monthly rate was $25.02 with the credits I already had. The only change I made this month was accepting the two-year contract for the Renewal Offer. My automatic payment was $20.01, and my balance is now $0. :)

I'm having a hard time figuring out my lowest cost package given the few channels we actually watch. I'm looking at the channel lineup here: https://www.mydish.com/filestream.ashx?ID=15793&inline=true. Now what this channel guide shows are 4 columns of colored bullets indicating which package each channel is in. The trouble I am having is that there are only 4 columns. What is missing are all the add-on packs, and even AT120 not plus. As near as I can tell, I have to remain at AT250 to keep National Geographic Wild, or Smithsonian, or American Heroes (which incidentally is broadcast in beautiful picture-framed SD for no apparent reason :mad:). Dish sure doesn't make this calcuation easy. What I would like is a comprehensive channel guide including all the packs in one column, rather than the above which (when printed) requires a magnifying glass to see what's what.

Print on multiple pages (poster). It's probably meant to be printed on 11x17 then folded.
After after checking the columns for the channels you want, check the add-on pack listings.

But, yes, the 3 channels you mentioned are only in AT250.

AHC is an SD channel. How it displays depends on you TV and the settings on the receiver and TV.

Reactions: TheKrell
I'm having a hard time figuring out my lowest cost package given the few channels we actually watch. I'm looking at the channel lineup here: https://www.mydish.com/filestream.ashx?ID=15793&inline=true. Now what this channel guide shows are 4 columns of colored bullets indicating which package each channel is in. The trouble I am having is that there are only 4 columns. What is missing are all the add-on packs, and even AT120 not plus. As near as I can tell, I have to remain at AT250 to keep National Geographic Wild, or Smithsonian, or American Heroes (which incidentally is broadcast in beautiful picture-framed SD for no apparent reason :mad:). Dish sure doesn't make this calcuation easy. What I would like is a comprehensive channel guide including all the packs in one column, rather than the above which (when printed) requires a magnifying glass to see what's what.

https://www.mydish.com/upgrades/compare-packages
Still only four columns but easy to read and will include any four packages you want.

Thanks, but I don't see the possibility of adding News, Kids, or any of the other add-on packs for Flex. :(

I tried that package and all was well until I missed ab F1 race, realizing I no longer had FOX 1 and 2 sports an didn't have 159 CNBCS. Those only came in at the 200 or better pack. With a phone call to dish, I was able to get what I wanted dropped from 139.00 a month to 89.00 a month. I keep F1 and Indycar, the wife keeps Pixl and we still get to watch Giants Baseball. I'm satisfied.

Someone posted in another thread recently if you have Flex and want Sirius music along with all the Dish CD channels add the $10 Latino Bonus Pack. Never would've thought about this as I have no interest otherwise. Also includes LAFF, Disney XD, C-SPAN and Fido TV.

Reactions: pattykay
Someone posted in another thread recently if you have Flex and want Sirius music along with all the Dish CD channels add the $10 Latino Bonus Pack. Never would've thought about this as I have no interest otherwise. Also includes LAFF, Disney XD, C-SPAN and Fido TV.

I believe you only get some of the dish cd channels like 950-981 and of course the free seasonal ones when they are available like now for Christmas. Not a dealbreaker, though (since all of the sirius XM ones would be available).

Reactions: pattykay
Wow this thread has been all over the place; so now I'm really confused!

Long time Dish customer, switched to Flex pack septemberish, then asked about upgrade to H3 a few weeks later. Did that with 3 joey's, 2 year commitment. So I now have the Flex pack + action pack (sports) and then had to add locals since I lost my OTA tuners from my old DVR, so it shows on my account $34.99 + 10 pack + 10 pack -$5 auto pay

So am I supposed to have 1 add on pack included? How do prices for the flex range from $24.99-$39.99?

Do I need to chat w/dish or a Dirt member?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)