DISH Introduces Flex Pack

So, just to be clear....
The Flex Pack with no add-on's is available to new customers for $29.99 per month with autopay and no contract if one provides their own equipment and installation?

So you think I could get Flex Pack if I own receiver/dish without a contract? Do you think I could pay the 1 time $40 (??) DVR fee and get Flex Pack, Autopay discount and DVR service on an appropriate receiver? That would be a very attractive solution if they would do it.

BTW, anyone know what Dish DVR receivers I could buy that would integrate OTA and pay the 1 time fee for DVR?
A quick reply to both of these...

I have exactly the same setup (programming, receiver, and autopay discount), except that I also did the two-year contract to get the price lock for two years. The ViP211k is the most current DVR-upgradable receiver that integrates OTA, unless you want to try to find an OTA adapter for a ViP211z or Wally. I would recommend the ViP211k.

Use a powered USB Hub between the drive and the receiver. Works fine.
Yes external USB HDs with its own power source are getting hard to fine. Something like Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with external power will work. All hubs don't come with external power supply so beware.

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find it anywhere. I just switched to the Flex Pack since my wife wanted to reduce our TV cost but in doing so, I've lost Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area and California. Does anyone know if the Regional Action Pack has CSNBA and CSNCA? If not, then why aren't these channels included since it is regional sports which I believe this pack is designed to be, correct?

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find it anywhere. I just switched to the Flex Pack since my wife wanted to reduce our TV cost but in doing so, I've lost Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area and California. Does anyone know if the Regional Action Pack has CSNBA and CSNCA? If not, then why aren't these channels included since it is regional sports which I believe this pack is designed to be, correct?
Correct you need the regional action packed to get regional sports nets just as you need national to get the national sports nets

Ebay but as I posted in another thread the price seems to be back up to something in the $80's $90's. But an excellent EHD.
yea, I'm suddenly in the market for a new drive and that was a great price for 2TB. I'm not finding new bare drives that cheap, never mind with an enclosure.

Reactions: Tampa8
yea, I'm suddenly in the market for a new drive and that was a great price for 2TB. I'm not finding new bare drives that cheap, never mind with an enclosure.
Seems like the prices go up and down. If you can wait a little check everyday for a couple of weeks before buying.

There's always a "sweet spot" with hard drives related to price/capacity. Internals are always cheaper than external, but they follow the same trend. You can find that a 1TB drive is only a few dollars less than a 2TB, but a 4TB has a big jump in price over the 2TB (just using sizes as random examples).

Reactions: STDog
Drives are getting real cheap, but they bottom out at 1 TB. You can get 6 TB for maybe $150. But in general, nothing lower than $80, I think.

Reactions: Tampa8
I've been away from Dish now for nearly a year, and they are hitting me every day with emails to get their "Flex Pack". It sounds good, until you read the fine print. To turn on my VIP722k again, (which is actually still hooked up, just no paid sub anymore) is the $39.99 a month for Flex Pack and 1 "channel pack" (Two year commitment), then $15 monthly dvr fees, after 6 months $8.99/month for "protection plan" (of course, you can cancel this...) taxes and surcharges, etc, etc.

I'd bet by the time they are done with the fees, they soak you at least $75 a month or more.

So much for "$39.99 a month"

Taxes shouldn't enter into any equation as far as comparison pricing. Companies are simply passing those on from other entities.

Drop the DVR, you don't have to add any add'l packs, nor do you have to add the service plan.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: pattykay
Taxes shouldn't enter into any equation as far as comparison pricing. Companies are simply passing those on from other entities.

Drop the DVR, you don't have to add any add'l packs, nor do you have to add the service plan.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Why would I drop the DVR function, when the VIP722k IS a dvr? That's the most important function of all. I seriously doubt they would allow me to turn it back on without that, since it is a dvr.