DISH Invites Customers to Deflate the Game Not the Ads

Dish will likely do what they did with the Olympics. Enable PTAT even outside the hours for "major events". That was actually something Joe Clayton told us in person about 6 months before the Hopper released.

Dish will likely do what they did with the Olympics. Enable PTAT even outside the hours for "major events". That was actually something Joe Clayton told us in person about 6 months before the Hopper released.
I'm not seeing that on my Hopper. I know that they will enable it if any part of the event falls within regular PTAT hours. It has always been that way. As an example, local baseball games start at 7PM while PTAT starts at 8PM. PTAT will start at 7PM on that day. As of right now 8:44 AM my guide shows no PT for the Super Bowl. The Post Game Show does show PT because it starts at 7PM....

My PTAT shows it starting at 6PM EST.
and it would because you are east coast and your normal PT times start at 7PM. The game will be still going on at 7PM so you get the early PT start. Game ends by 7PM, west coast time, so we don't see it....

Does Dish autohop sporting events when they fall inside PTAT otherwise?
Not autohops but PTATs the major ones(Olympics is the only one I can remember it doing it on so far)... Bobby, I'm Az, and will check mine in just a little bit, and see as well... I forgot to check the daily schedule.

I suspected not. I mean, I know some people who will record a sports event and watch it a couple of hours later but it's hard to wait a whole day, at least if you don't want the outcome spoiled before you watch it.

What Dish has planned for the Super Bowl is entirely different though.

Wait, for the Westcoast the ptat times are 6-10 pm, since it is Sunday. That should fall in the timeline for the SB even in the Westcoast. The pregame would need to be manually recorded.

Wait, for the Westcoast the ptat times are 6-10 pm, since it is Sunday. That should fall in the timeline for the SB even in the Westcoast. The pregame would need to be manually recorded.
No, Mountain time is 6-10, Pacific time is 7-11...

My PTAT Eastern Time Zone indicates starting at 5:57 PM. This is with all networks set to record. I love this because we usually end up talking with friends during the game and missing half the commercials. Now we can just watch them without being distracted by the game. Actually am interested in the game a bit even though my team is not in it.

Game coverage starts at 3pm PST and the game will likely be over before 7pm PST.

The average live ball time is under 13 minutes.

I must be doing something wrong. I've never used PTAT or AutoHop before; I disabled it pretty much immediately after installation since we don't watch much of anything on the networks.
But I enabled it on Saturday, for NBC sunday night. It recorded the Super Bowl, but it's not hopping over anything when I play back. How do you enable the reverse auto-hop?

Watched till the half time show was going to start then I stopped it and restarted without the auto hop and watched Katy Perry, then hit stop and enabled auto hop again and watched the rest. It took about an hour and a half. Of course I skipped some redundant commercials and ads for tv shows . Worked fine and I didn't have to watch any football. :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)