DISH IRT: Open issue w/ using an IR remote to control 922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DustoMan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 9, 2010
Sparta, Wisconsin, United States
So I was reminded about this issue when I got a new post e-mail from the Logitech forums from someone asking if this problem has been fixed or not. I thought that, since we have this DISH Internet Response people, maybe it's a good time to revisit this still present issue.

To some it up, those Yellow and Blue buttons on the remote. Up until I think software release S104, they worked on IR universal remotes just dandy! They did what they were supposed to do based on what screen you were on. Post S104, they now are Page Up/Page Down keys. I have a Harmony One remote and didn't make any changes to my remote programming between versions so I'm about 90% sure, it's a problem with the 922 software itself. My Logitech Revue does the same thing since they share the Harmony remote code database. Any chance of getting this fixed in a future software update???

Though it wouldn't hurt to ask,

Playing around with the 32.0 and our 922 (running S111), the colored buttons still have the macros programmed to those specific buttons. Is it the DISH remote not working these features anymore? Or is it your Harmony remote that is not doing all the features? I'm just trying to get a clear understanding of what exactly is not working.

I'm using a Harmony One universal remote. All the buttons on it worked correctly when I first got the receiver. It wasn't until a software update (Again, I think it was S104, but I'd have to look back in my post history) that the Green/Blue buttons functioned as Page Up/Down buttons instead of doing what they were supposed to do. The 32.0 remote that came with the box works like it's supposed to.

No, it is an issue with the colored buttons on non-32 remotes too. For instance use a 21.0 remote in IR mode. The two colored buttons on the right don't do what they are supposed to (they just page up and down). This used to work. It no longer does

No, it is an issue with the colored buttons on non-32 remotes too. For instance use a 21.0 remote in IR mode. The two colored buttons on the right don't do what they are supposed to (they just page up and down). This used to work. It no longer does

Thanks for saying that. I thought I remembered you saying that before, but couldn't remember the exact details.

I hate to add to an old thread, but the Blue and Yellow buttons not working via IR is still an issue.

This is a problem with a universal remote talking to the 922 via IR. I found codes on RemoteCentral.com for all 4 color buttons. Red and Green drop down the proper menus however (as others have said) Blue and Yellow function as page up and page down (e.g. in the guide menu). They do not drop down the indicated menu. As an example, go to the DVR menu.

Red should drop down the first menu starting with "My Recordings" this works on both the 32.0 remote and via IR

Green should drop down the Folders ... menu. This works on both the 32.0 remote and via IR

Yellow should drop down the sort menu (starts out as "A-Z"). This works on the 32.0 remote but NOT via IR. If you have a long list of titles, Yellow via IR does a page up!

Blue should activate "Edit All". This works on the 32.0 remote but NOT via IR. If you have a long list of titles, Blue via IR does a page down!

I have verified the codes I entered for Blue and Yellow are not the same as page up and page down so this is something that's in the 922.

I realize you can get to all drop down menus/functions via the Red button then cursoring over but that's less than ideal. I sent email to Tech Support by the Dish Contact Us web page, but maybe DIRT can help get this resolved. I'm sure it's a software issue rather than bad hardware.

Just want to make sure I understand, are you using a universal remote or the 32.0 remote with the IR function turned on when you are having this issue?

I have IR enabled. My universal remote misbehaves: blue and yellow (codes from RemoteCentral.com) function as page up and page down. They do not drop down the blue and yellow menus. This behavior has been reported by others so it's not how I have programmed my remote.

Even with IR enabled, the main #1 32.0 remote that came with the 922 behaves as expected. As I understand it, the 32.0 remote always works in RF mode. If there's a way to switch it to IR mode for satellite, I can try that.

Also the 21.0's yellow and blue buttons still do not work correctly with a 922. i use a 21.0 remote because my 32.0 does not learn commands like it should if you try and teach it commands from my tv's original remote.

i really wish they did work, they are handy sometimes to use the jump features in some menus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts