Dish is a big mess these days

You can get MLB.TV on a Roku box and it looks great. If the cord-cutter is a baseball fan, that solution might work for them.

Don't watch baseball.Football,football,and more football.If it ever goes over the top then look out!

They charge for an on screen program guide....I would not have TWC if it were free.

I have a special promo for TWC, so the price increased won't affect me, NOW. I had the Lifeline super basic package in addition to RR. I called to cancel and was offered a deal. For only about $8 more per month they gave me basic digital cable, a dvr and a cable box and internet for $72/mo for 2 years. Basically, I only use TWC for MSG so I can watch the Buffalo Sabers. If Dish would ever come to agreement and carry MSG again, I would be a very happy camper.

What an F'd up mess tech support is.

I'm going through hell because the guide won't update past Thursday even with a red button reset and a full power cycle. The front line support follows a script and is useless.

There appears to be no way to get advanced support on the line anymore.

Very very frustrating.

BIG MESS

I would think the addition of a Roku would fulfill your need for movies. They now have 3 pay and most of the other movie providers as for the other stuff i AGREE
get rid of the insurance. Also take a look at the 200ch package vs. the 250 to see if you are really watching them.

Sadly, there are 2 or 3 channels in the 250 that we watch a lot, that aren't in the 200.

I had Dish from '97-'13, started with the model 2000 receiver.

I recently moved into a highrise condo that includes basic cable with the HOA fee, and installing a dish isn't feasible. I am on an bundle deal but DVR is optional, here is the breakdown -

Contour TV Service - $19.99
Record 6 Receiver - $8.50
HD Advanced Receiver (Qty 2) - $17.00 (like a Joey)

So DVR service for 3 TVs is $45.49! That is what they charge on top of programming. I am NOT paying $45/mo for DVR. I took the DVRs back, bought one of those Magnavox DVD recorders with the built in HDD, and got a standard HD box from them that has a guide like the first RCA DirecTV receivers. I feel like it is 1996 all over again.

I'll take Dish or DirecTV any day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)