Dish is giving us LOUSY SD for NHL Center Ice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
CSN-bay area last night and Vancouvers Rogers Sportsnet. The screen is so washed out and once again with NHL gamecaster on NHL.com the screen graphics on the scoreboard they are clear and on Dish they are so blurry. What the hell is going on! Dish making SD look so bad that HD looks so "clear" in downrezzed 1440x1080. Not suprising.

Last week they had a Montreal-Carolina game from RDS (French) that looked like they wiped crisco all over the camera lens. Apparently they can't broadcast the HD games from Canadian networks.

That Montreal game in French was particularly bad. Not only could you not see what was going on, you couldn't hear what was going on (unless you understood French)!

On the brighter side, there are more HD games than last year...

Edit...I just checked the schedule for today and found the following:

Of the 12 games scheduled, CI has only 7 scheduled for broadcast AND NONE are scheduled in HD!!! The NHL channel has the Hockey Night in Canada game in HD...

Until now, the CI coverage had picked up over last year. Maybe that was just to get our subscription and now they figure they can slack off.

Or maybe (hopefully) the Dish tv schedule hasn't been fully updated yet for today...

Last edited:
I contacted Center Ice and they told me that they provide an HD feed for EVERY game to providers. It is up to them to decide if they air them that way.

What is the point of 10 HD Center Ice channels that are hardly ever used, it is time to complain to Dish.

The SD feeds are horrible. It is unwatchable in most cases.

Did anyone see the Senators/Canadiens game last night in SD?

I watched for a while but I got frustrated with the PQ. I couldn't see the puck -- even on the slo-mo goal replays! I recall recording VHS programs on the 6 hour format and getting better PQ than this.

On the other hand, the Comcast HD broadcast of the Predators/Sharks game was magnificent!

Dish CI the worst!

Dish gives us lousy SD, PERIOD. Nevermind Center Ice games.

I bought center ice from dish...I wanted to see the games in HD only.

The amount of games in HD was dismal a disgrace..Simply the worst.

It was at that time I brought in Direc just for CI. It is the best!!!

If your a hockey fan get Direc just for CI.

Im a Ny Ranger fan..MSGHD is fantastic! Im originally from Ny and I forgot how
good the channel is.

Im not shilling Direc. I also have dish.

But for sports, direc is King!!! Especialy CI.

good the channel is.

Sorry for got to say it was last year. I bought CI last year from dish. So dissapointed I brought in Direc just for CI .

For Hockey fans..Do yourself a favor and get direc just for the Hockey..Its worth every pennie.

Actually all SD on E* is bad. Mostly on local channels like RSNs. Then they seem to take the same over compressed youtube looking video and send it to everyone on CI. D* will cost me more money, but I am starting to think it is time... Really do not want to, but every good thing comes to a end.

Did anyone see the Senators/Canadiens game last night in SD?

I watched for a while but I got frustrated with the PQ. I couldn't see the puck -- even on the slo-mo goal replays! I recall recording VHS programs on the 6 hour format and getting better PQ than this.

On the other hand, the Comcast HD broadcast of the Predators/Sharks game was magnificent!

EXACTLY what I am saying about EP VHS quality! I have NBA League Pass and The Score feed from Toronto tonight of the 76ers and Raptors is just like the Rogers Sportsnet feed quality. The NHL and NBA have the same uplink building in New York I thought I heard and the video they are getting from the Canadian sports networks is just HORRIBLE this year, all previous years I looked forward to Rogers Sportsnet and TSN games b/c they looked the best.

I contacted Center Ice and they told me that they provide an HD feed for EVERY game to providers. It is up to them to decide if they air them that way.

What is the point of 10 HD Center Ice channels that are hardly ever used, it is time to complain to Dish.

The SD feeds are horrible. It is unwatchable in most cases.

The NHL is giving you complete hogwash in my opinion b/c Directv would have them in a second!

It doesn't make it easier when the NHL Network has a replay of Toronto/Edmonton in HD the day after it's on NHL Center Ice only in SD! Pisses me off!!!

Actually all SD on E* is bad. Mostly on local channels like RSNs. Then they seem to take the same over compressed youtube looking video and send it to everyone on CI. D* will cost me more money, but I am starting to think it is time... Really do not want to, but every good thing comes to a end.

I bet NHL CI on FIOS looks amazing, even the SD!

good the channel is.

yeah but a new subscriber can't just get CI correct?

EXACTLY what I am saying about EP VHS quality! I have NBA League Pass and The Score feed from Toronto tonight of the 76ers and Raptors is just like the Rogers Sportsnet feed quality. The NHL and NBA have the same uplink building in New York I thought I heard and the video they are getting from the Canadian sports networks is just HORRIBLE this year, all previous years I looked forward to Rogers Sportsnet and TSN games b/c they looked the best.

dont blame the Canadian networks. I get all the sports channels on Starchoice and they look great. Whoever is grabbing the feed for CI & LP is probably compressing it. I know Starchoice isnt on their end for the Canadian (and southern sub) fans :)

I am blaming the NHL and NBA uplink facility genius. Now I just need the phone number so I can call them and wonder what in the hell they are doing to mess up the PQ!

Scott hook a brotha up!

I am blaming the NHL and NBA uplink facility genius.
hey holmes no need to get pissy with me (oh wait thats right...you have 24/7 PMS according to your posts...god forbid you ever have something positive to say)...I'm just stating that the feeds look fine on Canadian TV satellite systems. So as you put here (and oh by the way....note the bolding part...shows you are lying)
The NHL and NBA have the same uplink building in New York I thought I heard and the video they are getting from the Canadian sports networks is just HORRIBLE this year
you are blaming the Canadian Networks which is wrong

The feeds are available for all who take it...and its the same feed
Canadian cable, telco & satellite companies...
same companies for NHL CI
US companies for NHL CI

so saying that the networks (RSN, TSN, TSN2, Score) are giving out crap picture is....well.....crap. Looks perfectly fine on a Starchoice system (Canadian DTH provider). Now if they grabbed it off a different source (say Bell which I have seen people do in the past) well then thats a different issue

and I thought last year you were leaving Dish because of these issues and the reason you were waiting is because you had a NHL CI contract still....so I guess you decided to stay with Dish, huh ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts