Dish is giving us LOUSY SD for NHL Center Ice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yesterday I was watching the Wings Vancouver game and it was breaking up like it was HD but it was SD. I even checked to see if it was raining hard but it was not. According to another thread Dish is having trouble with 119 sat so Dish really does not know how long it will take to fix this problem.

Yeah, that was pretty bad. While the picture was in, it wasn't bad for SD, but it was breaking up way too often...

Yeah, that was pretty bad. While the picture was in, it wasn't bad for SD, but it was breaking up way too often...

As it turned out dish was having hardware problems and has since fixed them.
If there are problems with the the feeds in SD how are we sure that this is Dish's problem? You know that it could be just as easily the fault of the original broadcaster rather than dish. I have no idea on how to find out who's fault it is but I would suspect that it is the broadcaster's problem more than Dish's.
I don't seem to have this problem very much but than I watch the Wings and the Detroit feed most of the time.

As it turned out dish was having hardware problems and has since fixed them.
If there are problems with the the feeds in SD how are we sure that this is Dish's problem? You know that it could be just as easily the fault of the original broadcaster rather than dish. I have no idea on how to find out who's fault it is but I would suspect that it is the broadcaster's problem more than Dish's.
I don't seem to have this problem very much but than I watch the Wings and the Detroit feed most of the time.

I agree, you can't always tell whose fault it is. However, when Dish broadcasts a truly lousy SD picture for the entire game on a Canadian broadcast, you can bet that it is Dish's further down-rezzing that creates the lousy picture. Hockey fans in Canada would not put up with quality that poor -- there would be a revolution!

It's the NHL providing the lousy Canadian video feeds I found out, it's just as bad on NHL GameCenter online. My brother has CI thru Directv but I haven't been able to check that yet.

What doesn't make sense is TSN actually looks decent, you can actually read the lettering and numbers!

I agree, you can't always tell whose fault it is. However, when Dish broadcasts a truly lousy SD picture for the entire game on a Canadian broadcast, you can bet that it is Dish's further down-rezzing that creates the lousy picture. Hockey fans in Canada would not put up with quality that poor -- there would be a revolution!

Yes but in Canada they can get the HD feeds and don't need the SD feeds.

well I just bought a 5" tv lantern so I can endure the SD broadcasts and watch the HD games on the 32" LCD :)

Hockey in black and white rules!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts