Dish is odd man out with Fox News, Fox Business Go Anywhere

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Do you want Dish to carry Fox News Go Anywhere?

• Total voters
I agree with a previous poster that a news channel app, is dumb. Here is why. If you want to watch live news, sling. If you want to stay on top of the elections or current events, world wide web will have thousands of things posted, within seconds of it happening. Including the fox website, if that is what you want. You want to watch the pretty little video of it happening after the fact(streaming a previous story), youtube. So many more options, it's a complete waste.

Reactions: Bobby
I am always thinking about myself, but let's look at it from the business perspective. There are literally millions of avenues to get that free on the web. And now if you really want to watch that channel live, you now have incentive to upgrade to a HWS. It's a "how much do you want it". They have been playing that game with sports fans for many years. So, I stand behind my statement. Sling, or Google.

If you read this thread from the beginning you understand that every other cable satellite company has this service and it doesn't cost Dish an extra penny to allow Fox New Go. Not a penny.

You are mistaking not costing the consumer a penny, with not costing the company a penny. Nothing is free.

Especially with this mid-term election coming up, Fox News Go is more important than ever.
The one thing that the US is not hurting for are avenues for getting up to the minute political commentary. Not having a streaming option for Fox is hardly holding people back from getting the info they want to hear. You survived plenty of mid-terms without streaming any cable news channel.

It certainly isn't free, it is paid for every month by ALL Dish subscribers. Is there is a package that doesn't include FNC?

This is a FREE bonus, and yes those are given out for free because you still will have to watch their sponsors advertising.

Well, that is certainly fine with me. Your argument is that you can already watch it on Dish Anywhere so you don't care if others can't view it.

It certainly isn't free, it is paid for every month by ALL Dish subscribers. Is there is a package that doesn't include FNC?
This is a FREE bonus, and yes those are given out for free because you still will have to watch their sponsors advertising.
Good ole Latino Dos, the once all reliable package until Universal bought out the rights for the EPL. :(

not everyone has a sling player, duh. some don't even have a dvr. always thinking of yourself?

If someone is this diehard where they need to have Fox News streaming on their phone then they would be better served by getting the Slingplayer.....or changing providers if it is that important to them. Zero interest whatseoever in having Fox News stream live.....I can't think of a bigger waste of money, period. This also goes for any of the other news channels as well. Who in the world wants to watch this crap on their phone all day long?

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
Yeah, that's probably the reason Dish doesn't support the app, it's useless, because DishAnywhere can stream Fox News and Fox Business and many other channels, so if you want to stream Fox on your phone, then DishAnywhere is your friend.
You can have the basic Fox News app on your phone without the live streaming, along with the CNN App, Don't know or care if there's an MSNBC or Al-Jazzera apps but betting there is. so whatever floats your boat for News Apps, they're out there, without signing up for a subscription.

I personally have the AP (Associated Press) & Reuters news apps on my phone, As I like to get my news directly from the source without any political spin.

Who in the world wants to watch this crap on their phone all day long?
You'll be surprised on who, especially if they're working at night during election night, and have unlimited data or wifi at work
It might be ridiculous but I did see 1 person on their phone doing that, I said just Google it and it'll update on it's main news section page, He said I rather watch it live instead, He had Sling but not from Dish as he haid Comcast, During the 2012 elections. Then he got political on me and all I heard was :lalala

Yep......I could say a lot.....classic loser comes to mind....a real shame when someone like that has no real life, and only lives for hate!!!!!

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
Yep......I could say a lot.....classic loser comes to mind....a real shame when someone like that has no real life, and only lives for hate!!!!!

Watching news, especially on election night, means that a person has no life and only lives for hate?

WOW! Seriously?

And I could say a lot but I'll respect Scott's rules and not get into politics.

Some one who hates politics would be Apolitical. I've yet to meet someone in life who doesn't have an opinion on it , one way or the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)