Dish is pissing everyone off.

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
How can any company offer such a deal as the Dish 811 for $149 oir $199 and yet piss everyone off. A classic case of mismanagement.

This is the internet, everyone is pissed off about something.

Dish could be offering free hookers and people here would be complaining about how their's was ugly.

Cyclone,

Most people go to the Internet when things such as car, tv, Satellite aren't working right, to search for answers, but I feel that most people accept things as they are and never complain, after all with the 3 satellite forums theres only about 9 thousand members and most of them have probably already left.

Between Dish and Direct TV there are approaching 20 million subscribers, so I don't think they care about a few thousand complaints.

Whenever I've had to schedule appointments (phone/cable, etc) at home, and be at home, I've never seen a company miss an appointment.

But with this 811 deal, I've had dish not show up at all and not call at all for first missed appointment, and then confirm everything was ready the day before, and call the next day, to say they didn't have anything in stock for the second appointment. Dish can't screw with people this way. Vacation time from work is very, very valuable.

I understand this is a good deal, no doubt, but that doesn't give them a free pass to screw up appointments royally, especially more than once.

Not that it matters though, I'll be with dish for a good while still.

Not sure why everyone is so p-o'd. My installer was a little late, but other than that I'm happy with my 811. OTA channels come in strong and clear, DVI for the HDTV is great, and using s-video for SD avoids the issue with the aspect ratio for now.

Some folks have no problems and are happy, others, like myself, wish I had my old 6K back (I sold it).

Now if the 811 didn't have 'no information available' or the downloading guide sometimes vs the current program in the window all the time maybe I'd be a bit happier. But right now I have a box that hasn't added any new functions that I wanted over the 6K and is performing worst then the 6K. Hopefully the promised software downloads will be coming soon. In less the 1 week Comcast in my area will be firing up the HD channels so I'll have an alternative if these problems aren't corrected.

Cyclone said:
This is the internet, everyone is pissed off about something.

Dish could be offering free hookers and people here would be complaining about how their's was ugly.

Yeah, a real "three bagger."

I'm pretty happy with Dish recently. The $149 6000 deal plus the $149 811 deal are quite nice.

bytre said:
I'm pretty happy with Dish recently. The $149 6000 deal plus the $149 811 deal are quite nice.
Yeah there nice deals until they get a whole bunch of people locked into a 1 year comittment and then spring on you that there will be no more new HD channels added until maybe next summer! That IS pissing A LOT of people off!

Perhaps thats the purpose of having this deal, to get people on a contract in which forces them to wait (giving Dish time) to add HD, or pay a penalty that helps Dish make up for the cost of the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)