Dish Is Pushing Me Out Of The Door...

Dgenx321

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Calcutta, Ohio
So I go to order UFC 59 a few weeks back and get a message saying that I need to call to Dish to get this PPV.

No problem, may be a problem with my reciever. So I do that and get UFC up and running.

I go to order WWE Backlash tonight and get the same message.

So I get through to India and am told that I have a charge of $129 and $159 for PPV's. Yes, and the Center Ice and Extra Innings is already paid off.

So, then I get told that she is going to charge me the five dollar fee for the transaction.

At this point, I ask to talk to her supervisor. She puts me on hold and comes back and says that her boss is busy.

But she will waive the fee and order the PPV for me. Nice, I've already missed the first 20 minutes. In no way did she fix the problem or even tell me why I'm getting this message.

Can someone please tell me how I can speak to an American??

If they don't want my $130.00 a month I have no problem taking it elsewhere.

It seems easier to get an American during US business hours and slecting technical support on the phone line

Dgenx321 said:
So I go to order UFC 59 a few weeks back and get a message saying that I need to call to Dish to get this PPV.

No problem, may be a problem with my reciever. So I do that and get UFC up and running.

I go to order WWE Backlash tonight and get the same message.

So I get through to India and am told that I have a charge of $129 and $159 for PPV's. Yes, and the Center Ice and Extra Innings is already paid off.

So, then I get told that she is going to charge me the five dollar fee for the transaction.

At this point, I ask to talk to her supervisor. She puts me on hold and comes back and says that her boss is busy.

But she will waive the fee and order the PPV for me. Nice, I've already missed the first 20 minutes. In no way did she fix the problem or even tell me why I'm getting this message.

Can someone please tell me how I can speak to an American??

If they don't want my $130.00 a month I have no problem taking it elsewhere.

Just call tech support; they speak English and they can help you. If you pressed the PPV number, then that person will have no idea what's going on.

cablewithaview said:
"Better TV for all" :p

TV yes, customer support reps no,

For the poster you can request to talk to someone in a state side call center or you can just not press any buttons at a prompt and you will go through to a state side person.

cablewithaview said:
"Better TV for all" :p

TV yes, customer support reps no,

For the poster you can request to talk to someone in a state side call center or you can just not press any buttons at a prompt and you will go through to a state side person.

Can't expect any company that is offering phone support 24 hours a day to have all of their CSR's be Americans. It would be nice, but that's a dream world.

Any idea how much more money it could cost a company to staff their call centers with Americans during the 3rd shift?

iceondsom said:
Can't expect any company that is offering phone support 24 hours a day to have all of their CSR's be Americans. It would be nice, but that's a dream world.

Any idea how much more money it could cost a company to staff their call centers with Americans during the 3rd shift?

Ummm...the same price as 1st or 2nd shift, but with a shift differential? :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)